Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 05:33
hello i am new and dont know much about programming but i have a freind who can help me in real life. i jus wondered if anyone could tell me some helpful things tht mite help me create and FPS as i would like too. Soon wen i have a clue lol i will need a team to help me build models and the FPS its self so i will need those to!
thanx guyz,
Jack
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so do you know that this forum is for an
application in production called "FPS-CREATOR"?
An application that will be used to easily make fps
games.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont mean to be harsh.
It just sounds like you are looking for
something else..
(i can have missunderstod you)
Evarcha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 07:29
Hey bud, we were all new here once...If you want to create a fps then u may or may not be awate that an editor is coming out very soon, its a simple drag and drop system, very little programming if any is required. As for asking for people to help i am sure there might be some people who can help...there will be some free models available for free download soon. and I am sure that there will be even more professional downloads available even sooner, but for those u may have to pay. I hope I have answered your question, forums can be harsh to the newcomer.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 22:05 Edited at: 18th Jan 2005 22:05
jack386,

Initially you wont need to know anything about programming to make a game with FPSC. So you can start making you game straight away and learn to programme within the limits of FPSC if you wish, as you go, at your own pace.

When it comes out. Get it. No worries

Welcome to the Forum.
jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 00:36
thanx guys! .
this post was to find out any helpful things but tht new program,can you tell me the price please abnd other information. wow this forums like no other in another one i would of had a load of peepz saying shut up and how was this accepted but you people are kool u didnt. where can i find the free models.
thanx ,
jack
Chimera the 2nd
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quick Currency Conversions (accurate on 1st November 2004):

$49.99 = £28 UK Pounds
$49.99 = €40 Euros
"

About the free models: I don't think they are ready yet, you'll have to ask Noldor and Evarcha
Evarcha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 03:27
I am not too sure where u can get free models at the moment, but i know that Noldor and myself are planning a release of free models....both real-world (Noldor's) and futuristic (mine)
We'll post about them in the future...they will be released soon i am sure. Keep your eyes peeled like a well ripened potato begging to be eaten buy a hungry man...named Fred.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the price of the program will be 49.99$
But i think that is for the EA version. I dont know
what the full boxed version will cost.
Download the two videos about FPS Creator on this site
http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_22.html
They will get you started on what this forum is all about.
And for free models. Me and Evarcha has kind of started on a free model pack that will be released in the future. There will also be a big amount of model packs in FPSC.
Sorry for being so harsh before. Good Luck
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 03:37
Hi Jack, I'm also a newb, not only to FPS Creator, which will be wonderful when it comes out, but to programming in general. Welcome to the forums. And if you want to not get yelled at by people, try looking around at what other people have said before you post, the answer could already be there and people might get annoyed that the same question was asked twice, just my little addition.

Well, I'm trying aren't I.....

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice. Then sit back and wonder how it was done.
jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 04:03
ooo thanx the game programmer thts probably why. wen u release the models where abouts will i find them?
jack
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 04:42
hey jak386 just ask me any questions coz i live like so near u!!!!!
I will also show and give u some of my models from darkmatter ok!

Mrnaughty is my name being NAUGHTY is my game. lol
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 04:50
Models: not allowed to copy, thatd be illegal!
And your not allowed to sell them on, that would also be illegal.
In fact, the only way jak386 can have ur models is if u give them to him.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 03:10
yesh gd idea but do it with no one knowing hehe hello mrnaughty!! tht cvould help i miet get it but if u have it ill steal ur models MUHAHAHAHA
jack
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 00:41
lol dream on

Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 00:54

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 00:48
if someone reads this plz could u have a look at my thread under team request plz
p.s on the thread it will be rubbish at the beginning but look down to the bottom

jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 20:29

BLAH!
Opus
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello jack386. A word of caution. Even though it is, from all I can tell, a very much user friendly First Person Shooter Creator application, it still will have a learning curve for use, particularly if one knows very little about programming. I know that everyone is expecting to just jump into building nice games on day one, but I suspect that most people will have to do some study and experimentation first.

So I suggest that you spend some time reading the threads in this forum and cross checking anything that you do not understand with the other forums on this site, which contained more detailed information about programming in general. No, one does not have to know programming to use the FPSCreator, but knowing something about it will probably help. It's good that you have a knowledgeable friend to help you.

Eternal student in search of knowledge. But will settle for the occasional epiphany.
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 22:39
Welcome, jack386. First Person Shooter Creator (FPSC) will be released in an Early Adopters verion (meaning there may still be a few kinks to work out) on February 11. It will be available through download only, and will cost US$56.

When the full version is released in a few months (version 1), you'll be able to upgrade for free.

The Game Creators have been very open to our questions and suggestions (and even our criticisms) regarding the product, and there is no sign that that will change. It looks like this will be a great tool for easily making amateur to low-end professional first person shooters.

You've joined us at just the right time!

Basically dark.
jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 21:31
thanx guys for your help, as FPSC is now out and i have a little more knowledge of coding i may be ordering it very soon. Once again, thanx for your help

jak386

BLAH!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 19:33:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 19:33:19