Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / NEEDED: AutoCAD Converter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 19:02
hi all,

does anyone know of a good app that will convert those .DWG files into something readable that can be viewed on 98% of PCs (& w/o any user intervention)? i know they can be converted to dxf, 3ds, etc. but my client doesnt want that format volo view is also not an option.

i have in the past converted them into .PDF files but lose some of the drawings (lines, fractions, numbers, etc). what i want to do is be able to convert the .DWG file into something that then can be viewed on the pc without (hopefully) too much intervention on the users part and be able to look at the drawing. this may be a hopeless cause w/o making the user install something....right?

any ideas would be helpful & thanx in advance.
United We (Still) Stand
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 01:13
Try MilkShape3D. I know it converts autodesk formats and so on. It may include your autocad format. You can converty to all the formats supported in db and dbp with MilkShape3D.

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 02:10
I use Autocad LT 2000 in work and there's an export option so you can view the drawings through internet explorer, it even let's you zoom and pan the drawing. Don't know if that's what your looking for and might not be in every version. You may also need a plugin for the browser which someone before me might have installed. Also i've only tried it with 2d drawings.
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 02:15
Just in case it is what your looking for I just checked and it's under plot and choose dwf. It saves it as a file you can open in your browser.
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 22:55
xtom:

thanx,
i'll check it out now

tapewormz:
sounds good. i had milk shape on @ one time. i may reinstall it & see what happens.

United We (Still) Stand

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:30:58