Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DirectX Object Viewer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 13:28
This app will be usefull to see how your models will look and animate in DB. It supports loading of DirectX models and textures, object Scaling and object animation and it's all mouse controlled. Try right clicking on a view to rotate and the mouse wheel will zoom. I might have to add an option to adjust the level zoom for different mouse wheels. If anyone has any suggestions as to what else I could add please let me know. Note also that some of the menu options like save etc. are non-functional at the moment. And a quick shout out to Kenmo for his tutorial on the dbcommdlg.dll which saved me a ton on time and code.

Here's a screenshot and the download is a self extracting exe at 835kb.

[url]http://gofree.indigo.ie/~xtom/files/DirectX Object Viewer.sfx.exe[/url]

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 13:44
Different lighting options would be nice, to see what kind of lighting looks best on the model.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 16:16
Noooooo problem I'll add lighting options too.
Xsniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey xtom this is a great program! I really like how you have it set up, quite nice indeed. I have one question for you from a coders standpoint though. How did you manage to get the common control dialog to come up on the file->open menu? You know the thing where it lets you browse for a file to open? If you could tell me how you did that I'd be eternally greatful. So far I feel like I've been coding in the dark ages without such a thing. Thanks in advance!

Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2003 16:52
You know... you can call .dll's other than those you write. Like the windows comctl32.dll.

Ending a sentence with a French word is so passé
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 17:05
I used the dbcommdlg.dll Have a search on the rgt forums, there's a few posts about it there and how to use it. It certainly makes life a lot handier.
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 18:58
Here's the latest version of my model viewer. Mainly control improvements and a bit of polish in this release but there are some new features too.

* Floor plane is now ghosted for a better view and can be toggled on or off
* 3D View rotation and zoom control has been improved
* views adjust to show entire object when reset or when new object is loaded
* scale and animation controls improved (click, click+hold or type to change values)
* New menu bar, much nicer looking and works very well, thanks to Scofflaw for that.
* Save out as DirectX mesh (will add support for dbo and other formats when they're out)
* settings to change 3d view range, floor plane size and 3d views background colour

Right click on a view to rotate or hold both buttons to zoom. Again if anyone has any comments or ideas as to what I can add please let me know. I'm thinking of adding limb and lighting control next.

Here's the file, it's a self extracting exe at 882kb

[href]http://gofree.indigo.ie/~xtom/files/3DB Object Viewer.exe[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:38:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:38:15