Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Items you can pick up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 06:34
I was curious as too what kind of items you can make with the creator. Weapons, ammo, keys, and health, I assume are a given, but can we make armor, hazmat suits (for those radioactive or biohazard areas of levels), extra lives, etc?

Speaking of hazmat suits will it even by possible to make rooms do damage to you if you stay in them or floor tiles if you walk on them. And can you make an item give the player the ability to to walk on them without taking damage?

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 07:00 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2005 07:01
You can pick up health, ammo and weapons plus items like dossiers, keys etc. that could be used as objectives.

I don't think there's asupport for armour - but in essence its the same as health packs.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 07:05
Thanks. I guess instead of a hazmat suit I could just put a crap load of health paks in a strait line you have to follow, in order to survive those rooms full of toxic goop.

-Stewie from Family Guy
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 07:53
Players don't have an armour rating, but it's a good idea actually and probably worth us considering for a future version.

Any object can be set to be picked-up.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 08:51
I'm happy to have contributed my thoughts.

-Stewie from Family Guy
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 02:32
No one has really answered my second question. Can you make rooms or tiles do damage to players?

-Stewie from Family Guy
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 02:42
I think what you can do is set what would be called an area effect or trigger zone which can run a script that causes damage to the player.
I think that's about right. Any tester want to back me up on this or am I wrong?
Guys?
GUYS?!?
Ok fine I'm just going to go play now.

Soulman

This is as backwards as is This
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 02:44
There are specified "hurt zones" - 1 tile high / wide / long. There are also "heal zones". By placing them in an areas you could create an area that damages the player.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 02:52
By the way, maybe I missed this. Ladders? Yes/No/Maybe?
Also, I've been looking at FPSC a little more closely and logically figuring out how to do stuff but I think you could get extreamly close to a Half-Life knockoff. However it could only do the indoor levels, each level would be small, you can't really travel back and forth between levels, the scripts are simple etc... At least you could put together the first time you step into Black Mesa(No Train Ride Intro, too complicated as it would require quite a bit) That might be my first project with this program. To come close to a level that looks like the first level from blackmesa. No train ride though. I would really like to see how far I can push this program.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 19:10
Quote: "That might be my first project with this program. To come close to a level that looks like the first level from blackmesa. No train ride though. I would really like to see how far I can push this program."

I'd really love to see that. thad be really damn cool. I also think that its possible to get close to it. I have a planned "community" project that I'd like to do for Version 1. But first I have to get my team together. I cant wait to see these projects popping up around the place. This should be really good.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:30:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:30:06