Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / adding textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
first i am not very femilar with game design (at all) i have a bit very little tiny spech of knowledge of dbc and i was wonder is a tecture a bitmap that you put on something like if I mad a bitmap of a floor could i apply it in the game?? and how do i make my own bitmaps.

THx

glyvin101
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 15:23
uhmmm... "bitmap" is a file format from microsoft.
you can make textures from whatever you like. just walk around with a digital camera and make some fotos. And yes , you are able to put them in your game. as floors , ceilings , walls ,...whatever you need them for.

yeah...thats the ticket !
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 17:28
Quote: "uhmmm... "bitmap" is a file format from microsoft."

It's also a texture format DBPro supports.

DBPro supports png, bmp, jpg and dds textures. I think the included models use dds textures, so if you wanted to retexture osmething by just renaming a texture to the same name as teh original you'd need a DDS file. However I *think* its possible to rextuer an object with any texture.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:36:36