Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anal Enthropy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that every time some poor soul asks a question that has been previously answered, or may have been answered, or whose answer may have been deduced by the careful and systematic examination of hundreds of previously posted messages, someone stomps on the questioner's head and does an angry dance.
With the upcoming release of the EA version, and if everything goes well, there will be hundreds of newbies asking questions. It's unfair, and impolite, to subject these poor wrenches to the anger of some self appointed "previously answered police".
If you cant answer, or won't answer, just ignore the question and go on to the next.
Just mellow out. Please
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:10 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 01:10
I visit this forum a couple of times a day. When i login
i am hoping for some news or new intersing things to read but
sifting through the same questions again is anoying.
I usualy just post a short answer
and then i ask them to use the search feature
before posting next time. Seriously how hard is
it to search the forum once or twice. Thats what i do when
i want to ask something.
Altough im not for being rude or flaming.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:10
99% of the time, I would agree with you wholeheartedly, FernandoK. But seriously, this glyvin guy is way, way out of control. He's flooding the forum, pure and simple.

You may have noticed, I've been trying to calm him down. Based on his behavior, I figured using a nursery rhyme was the best approach.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
"abcdamir" is even worse he mailed me at my email
with the exakt same question that he asked in the forum
and as far as i know he mailed Coldnews like 6 times to.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:19
It's not for the other users here to babysit newcommers, they should arrive, read the faq and then post within the forum guidelines. If a user posts something that has been asked and answered already, then it's really tiresome to reply - or not reply then have them complaining about not getting questions answered. Perhaps just saying ''That's been covered already'' is actually the kindest option because then they'll read a thread that probably answers several more of their questions too.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:36
FAQ's exist for a reason. Someone didn't go to the trouble of writing and posting one, only to have it ignored. I always read the FAQ before joining any site, and I always read the manual before playing any game.

And I tear people, who don't read the manuals and look like retards when they ask stupid questions, in MMORPG's, into little, tiny pieces . Well I usually let my summoned monsters do it for me . I know I have anger management issues.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:42
Quote: "look like retards"

I wish people would stop using that termninology. A person with mental retardation didn't have a choice in the matter. Bad taste.

My pet peave.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Read "Van B"'s answer to this question and then Close
this thread. Its the only correct answer.
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:46
You have my apologies. (I've made a lot of them today, perhaps I should stop posting) People who ask stupid qusetions in MMORPG's are one of my pet peaves and "retards" is the only word I could think of without using "potty language".

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:58
Quote: "(I've made a lot of them today, perhaps I should stop posting)"

Been there.

FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
There will always be individuals who overstep the bounderies. In a board such as this, they are not really looking for answers but for attention. The worst you can do to them is to ignore them. If they really become a problem, well then, the moderator should moderate away.
But bear in mint that, with any luck, there will be a flood of ignorant, eager new users, who can easily be discouraged. It would be unfortunate if they found this place unfriendly.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 03:52
Quote: "It would be unfortunate if they found this place unfriendly."

Agreed.

Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 04:06
well there should be a dedicated Moderator/Moderators for FPSCreator I think. As there will be a seperate forum for it. It would be a lot easier and help ease the load off the other Mods a little. I mean, I expect there to be a LOT of people getting this product and there just arent enough Mods around, especially seeing that the Mods at the moment are mainly DBPro users, I doubt they would have too much interest in FPSCreator in the long run. :S just my opinion.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 04:47
Quote: "I usualy just post a short answer
and then i ask them to use the search feature"

Another one of noldors specialty is bugging the hell out of me

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 04:52 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 04:52
You are right. I am good at that.

(seriously i only bug you when you have a
big mouth on the forum, There is actually
nothing personal.
It just bothers me that you think to much of
yourselfe, its not like your humble in any way)
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 04:55
No......I think of other people on this forum

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:38:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:38:59