Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can someone please confirm whether you can reverse the mouse axis in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 01:25
Most modern FPS games give you the option to play with a reverse mouse axis. Can someone please put my mind at rest and confirm whether you can do this with FPS Creator or are you forced to use mouse up = look up mouse down = look down.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 01:43
You cannot inverse the mouse control at the moment, sorry.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Memento Mori
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 01:57
NoOOOooOooo0oo0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o

Pleeease tell me this will be implemented, as this is very important to me too =-\

And God said," Let there be light!". And there was light.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 02:03
ACK!
I guess I can deal with it. RC21 needs invert though.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Crix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 02:07
This is what I feared. I guess FPSC will have to wait.

Thanks for answering my question.
Crix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 00:58
Richard can you confirm whether this is something that will be implemented in an update. I have downloaded a demo level to get a feel for what FPSC can do and although the results were undoutably impressive, for someone who plays FPS games with a reverse mouse axis it becomes unplayable. Will this feature become available? soon?

I really want to order this game but first I have to know that this is something that will definately be added.
Thanks
Scharmers
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a deal-breaker for me, too. FPSC will wait until that's in -- this is a big oversight.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:24
You guys must be pilots Yes this is an oversight on my part as we allowed full customisation of keys but not the mouselook controls, nor the buttons. Would you be satisfied with a simple tick box to reverse the up/down control effect on the mouse, or are you looking for something more sophisticated? The simpler, the quicker to implement

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:35 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 06:36
Preferred mouse control optioned:

Mouse movement speed (tick box to invert)
Mouse buttons and wheel can be assigned to whatever actions the keyboard keys can be set to.

Quote: "Yes this is an oversight on my part as we allowed full customisation of keys but not the mouselook controls, nor the buttons"

In some ways I'm not surprised, you probably concentrated on the major parts of the system and forgot to think about the little things, it's easily done!

PS: I love your sig, Lee!

I don't suffer from insanity:

I enjoy every minute of it!
Crix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 07:08 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 07:10
Lee
A simple tick box to reverse the up/down is all thats needed, for me.

As for the pilot thing, I have no idea how I developed the need to play like this, but once you start using this method it becomes impossible to go back!

Thanks for the swift response and I look forward to it being implemented.
Crix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:26
Well I have bit the bullet, and downloaded FPSC and so far very very impressed. What I need to know now, from TGC, is the reverse mouse function officially on your things to do list? Without any pressure can you give a rough idea when we might see this added. RC21?

Thanks
Oswald
Years of Service
User Offline
Please integrate an option to reverse the mouse axis... has nothing to do with "being a pilot".... For a lot of guys this is just logical movement. This option is really a "must".... without out that moving just sux for a lot of us....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:39:11