Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A little treat for people now that FPSC is now released, here is the built level of the first movie that I posted earlier.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:10
It's a playable level, built with quick lightmaps.

It's 39mb (39,830,658 bytes) in size as a zip file.

Please be patient downloading as I don't know how my webhost will cope with it. (I've unlimited bandwith, but it might slow down a lot)

There is no enemys in this level as you saw in the movie, it's just an idea of what you can do. This took me around 1 day of experementing and building to do (including the speech, which is done using sound zones for people building levels).

http://www.tyranntrpg.org/DemoLevel1.zip

Unzip the file and run the exe in the subdirectory to play.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! I'm downloading it now! Can't wait to see it!
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Good, god. It's awsome but whenever there is a white colored light, the area is SUPER bright. In fact, so bright that it turns white. And when I fire of the pistol, the screen flashes white. Kinda annoying. What's going on here?
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:31 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 05:47
for all those people who have Bought FPS Creator here is the same thing as a level file.

http://www.tyranntrpg.org/DemoLevel1.fpm (119,728 bytes)

Copy the above file into the {FPSC Install directory}Filesmapbank directory

And extract the following files:

http://www.tyranntrpg.org/user.zip (1,009,737 bytes)

into the {FPSC Install directory}Filesaudiobankuser directory.

The level will work without the files, you just wont get the speech playing.

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:31
@Nightbyer, it looks ok on my machines. Do you have gamma turned up quite high for other games?

----
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry about my problem. I opened up the setup file and turned Dynamiclighting off. It worked fine after that. Nice little demo! Now, can you make a simple little area with an enemy and some kind of gun in it. Just so I have something to wait on until i get my e-mail with the download manager?
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:39
@Nightbyer, I'll try over the weekend, I'm working on my full game at the moment.

----
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
OK! But I might have FPSC by then if my bad luck doesn't reawaken! Make it anyway tho, I think other people might like it too!
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:49
I can't download the demo
It gets stuck after 9%.... WHYYY!!!! NOO!!!

What a shame, I would like to try something from FPSC

Check out PanzerGames at: http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
æ ø å
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:51
I'm trying now, its slowed down a lot so i expect there are a lot of people trying to download it. Sorry about that, please try again a bit later it may have improved by then.

----
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:53
Yeah, I will be trying
I hope it's going to work soon....

Check out PanzerGames at: http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
æ ø å
Draez
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone else post it somewhere else so there isnt so much of a wait?
OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:20
It has stopped at 9.45 MB. Will it ever start up again, or should I give up?

www.OTSsoftware.com
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:26
The site may still be busy. Maybe cancel it and try later, When I've posted movies in the past now has been the most busyest time.

----
Hoopkid ups
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it to download by using FreshDownload [/href]http://www.freshdevices.com/[href]. It is pretty good at keeping the download going, and when it stops, just exit the download progress window, wait a few seconds, then right click on the item in the download que, and click Start Download.
Hope it helps!
Dr Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:34
why don't you guys just play the game that came with it? oh wait some of you don't have it yet.
sorry

Hoping FPSC can do everything everyone wants it to!!!
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 09:46
I've just checked the website logs and it shows that it's very busy and has been going over some tcpsend limits hence the stoped downloads. Basically it's trying to send out too much information at the same time so some people's downloads gets stopped. But it will allow more when the traffic dies down a bit. So if it doesnt work now, try again later.

----
JoshK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone mirror it!

WindowsXP Media Center Edition, Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU, 512 MB of RAM, GEForce4 MX 440
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 09:53
I just got it just a little bit ago. Nice design. I can't wait for more.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 19:38
Just to let people know, there was over 650 downloads by 1:30am last night GMT and over 11gig bandwidth used. Hence the problems. Thanks for being patient.

Jas

----
blackpawe
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice thanks for letting us check it out.
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 00:00 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 00:03
i had no problems getting it (last night at 12 US Eastern)...

hey, THANKS for the preview... i was verrrry impressed by the visuals, the textures seemed verry real and the lightmapping very good...

but, the robotic voice=no good...

and the halls for the sake of having halls=no good...

but hey, i realize that this was just a show of what the tool can do... and i was most impressed.

although you had a head start, you are hereby awarded the prize for posting the very first demo made with FPSC... you can contact Rich to claim your Aston Martin

FPSC will definitely be the tool of choice for the casual game creator... and i can see that it even has potential for someone who is willing to take the time to learn the ins and outs of it, to make a commercially viable game with it.

questions...

(1) the opening (3d looking metal piping all around) how'd you get/make that?

(2) where did you use bumpmapping in the level?

again... THANKS for the preview...

--Mike
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:24 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 01:28
Not bad.

Did see some graphics errors (see the picture).

And an annoying problem with FPSC & doors - if you open a door when directly in front of it and then move back slightly, the door automatically closes.

Oh, and get rid of the speech - its very tacky.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:39
The speech was done to demonstrate sound zones, A free way without having access to sound studios and actors

The menu screens come with FPSC in the Sci-Fi sections.

It was all made with sections and entities that come with FPSC, so the look was created with those and lighting.

The doors only act in that way if it is a door that requires a key.

Jas

----
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:30
I take my hat off to Jas who helped tremendously throughout the beta testing phase and his continued energy in showing what FPSC can do.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:10
But it's been soooo much fun

----
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Before I go out and buy FPSC I decided to try your game out to see how the games work on my computer. The game ran smoothly, but I ran into graphical errors. Here I will make a list.
1) Doors were not acting right. They either did not show unless you were hugging the wall and if they did show they would not be texture, but a solid color. But there was this one door in the entire level that was texture and showed.
2) I seen some fuzzy parts on the level.
3) Another error I had was when I pushed the escape key, the game it self would freeze while music plays in the back ground and I had to escape with alt-f4.
4) Another error I had was that No items would show. I heard my self pick them up but none were showing on the tables, plus when I picked up a gun it would not show the model and it would just be invisble. I could hear it fire, but no gun was showing.

Here I will post some screen shots to show what I mean.

Attachments

Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Another picture.

Attachments

Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know how to fix that, along with the file is a config file. I think its called setup. Open that up. The lines are quite self-explanitory. Just tinker around.
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I tinker around. No luck. Look at the pretty desk ooooooh aaaaaaah.
When I set realgameview to 0 It shows my health and those things on top but i die before even the title screen appears.

Attachments

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 19:08
@Great_Knight, firstly, could you put the config file back to normal and then just change the dynamic lighting and change to 0 abd see if that makes any difference.
Seconly, do you have up-to-date drivers for your graphics card installed on your machine and DirectX9c?
If all this is done and it still behaves strangely, could you post you machine spec.

Cheers,

Jas

----
Pazza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:25
wow very impressed even though it was only a quick little demo, only issue i seemed to have was that it ran so damm fast, is their some way to lock the frame rate??

"Bite my shiny metal ass!" - Bender
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:28
you must have some mighty machine there

----
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 03:09
I suppose TGC knows that all the media is not saved into the final .exe, so can we just use it for free?
AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 03:27
What I want to know is: Can the levels be used in DBPro? I.E. Is there any way to export it to .dbo?

Take care
AtomR
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 19:34
Meh, seemed ok, but I'm not exactly blown away. Although I don't believe I really should be expecting too much, as this was made in one day and it's not an official demo . I can see the potential for a nice level.

One thing, is that gun animation included with FPSC? Because it's kind of delayed. The gun fires, then about 1/4 second later there is recoil. Also I noticed that if you fire at the floor, the bullet hole decals seem to be really small. I'm not sure if this is perspective, or if it is that they are really small.

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 19:44
I think the bullet holes are dependant on what gun you are using. I mainly did those levels to test out things I wanted to try. I have got another game I've been working on behind all of this which I will merge ideas from this one into it. Not sure i've noticed the delay. I'll look out for that in future.

Cheers for the comment.

Jas

----
Lum kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help!

I've download the demo but the .exe doesn't work !

I'm French... Excuse my english...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 20:58:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 20:58:35