Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Doors and Windows don't have frames and glass

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 23:24 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 23:25
I decided to build a model of my house using WWII objects but some doors and windows don't have frames and windows. Here's the image:

How can I fix this problem? My house is actually built in 1970s.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 23:26 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 23:27
You see, the Nazi's while trying to dominate europe, didn't have time to put up windows when building new homes. They just cut out the holes where the windows would be and left them that way. Yes it did get cold in the Winter time, but they didn't care.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
hahahahahahaaaaaa... bad soul man, spank, spank...

hey, are the glass windows shader effects?

if so, what kinda video card are you using?

--Mike
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 23:54
Assuming you placed a window piece that actually has a window in it (coz there are some with and some without) check to see what your prefs are set to for the test games, disable the shaders see if the glass appears then.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Jeffrey Morris
Years of Service
User Offline
There may be a bug in the program that causes missing parts of doors and windows. Place walls along the outside lines of the grid in the edit window. Place doors and windows on the walls. Test the game and you'll see missing parts of doors and windows. Now, place walls on the inside lines of the grid and place doors and windows on the walls. Test the game and you'll see all parts of the doors and windows. I think that the program can't draw objects outside of the grid.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:21
Send your level (the FPM file you save) to mike@thegamecreators.com to discover if it is a bug or a strange level design. There are segment called holes that are shaped like windows but have no frame or glass. It looks like you have used these. If you add some grass outside the windows, do the frames return? If so, it is probably a bug in one sense, but would you have a window looking out into the edge of the universe (and into the void of the skybox)?

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Jeffrey Morris
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I found another problem - one of the wooden doors is missing textures. I think it was the fake wooden door with frame.
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 19:33
Could be your video card though...

Don't eat yellow snow!
Jeffrey Morris
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think it's video card problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 10:01:45