Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Doors and keys?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

Small questions:

1) After loading the prefab "armoury small" which has the "Iron door key" I've load the "key_3". If the door properties shows under AI Automated "User key---key" it works fine. But if I change it to "key_3" it doesn't work. I want open the door only with this special key. Any tips?

3) How do you delete entities from the scene?

Sorry for my english :-(

Thank you
Peter
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:42
1) The key entity has a name property. The Locked door entity has a Key: property which should match the name propery of the key.

2) You can left click it to select it and then right click to delete, or right click over the entity to bring up the properties and the press del.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Peter
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The key entity has a name property. The Locked door entity has a Key: property which should match the name propery of the key"

Hmmm, this exactly what I've done.

Peter
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:03
Could you post the level map (the .fpm file), I'll have a look at it.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:44
As above, it sounds like you understand the concept, I will repeat just in case, two changes are required:

1. Edit the properties of the door and where USE KEY says 'key', rename to key3 (have not tested underscores).

2. Select a Key entity from the library and drop it in your level. Edit the key entity, and the NAME at the top rename it to key3.

Now run your levle and collect the key, then go to the door and hit RETURN to see if the door opens. Make sure the FPI script of the door MAIN AI is doorkey.fpi

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Peter
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx, but it doesn't work for me. Please look at the file.

Thank you
Peter

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:24
Had a look and it was working, but somehow there was two door entities there. To make it work. Select the door segment point the arrow at the door, press the right mouse button to delete. Then press the left mouse button to place again. Then go to the entitie tab and change the key name for the door to key3. I did this and it worked after that.

Jas

----
Peter
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, thank you

Regards Peter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:13:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:13:15