Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Only 32MB video card, what can be the problems?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 19:31
I saw the minimum requirements and I saw you need a 64MB video card and I only have 32MB, so I'm asking what could be the problems that occur. What's Shader 1.0? I saw it in the requirements. Can anyone post a little .exe with shaders and stuff that I should normally see with a 64 card so I can see if it's worth to buy a new one.

Don't eat yellow snow!
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 64 MB card (Geforce 2 MX400) and here are some of the many problems I have:

* I have to use the smalleest render shroud because the software is very sluggish as my card struggles to render everything.

* I have yet to actually get 30 FPS or higher on any level. Usually around 27 and fully playable, but still.

* cannot see ANY shader effects.

* cannot see ANY lighting effects (only ambient lighting and adjusting it has no appreciable effect on my card)

* I've seen some weird clipping effects (zombies arms going into walls, etc.) , but am waiting until I try a higher crd before I try to report them as actual bugs

My advice is do not even attempt to try and run it with a 32MB card as you will likely be VERY dissapointed by the speed and lack of features ;(

If you can afford it or convince someone to buy it for you try a new graphics card from Newegg.com. They have many from $50 - $100 that would probably do the trick for you (be sure that you are selecting the right kind for your system PCI, AGP, AGP8 etc. etc.)

Good luck!
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 21:37
thx, well it was a bit to late. I already ordered it, If there are to many problems I will buy a new card. I was going to buy a new one anyway.

Thx

Don't eat yellow snow!
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 00:12
If you do, Radeon 9800 Pro if you have a budget of $200.
Can't go wrong with this card. It does everything I need it to.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 01:30
Quote: "* I've seen some weird clipping effects (zombies arms going into walls, etc.) , but am waiting until I try a higher crd before I try to report them as actual bugs"

I don't think this is your card. I'm getting this, too. I think there is a problem with collision detection. I can make a skeleton's gun or arm come through a wall such that it can be seen from the other side.

Basically dark.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 01:39
I have many problems with FPSC. I don't know what the problem is though...
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't think this is your card. I'm getting this, too. I think there is a problem with collision detection. I can make a skeleton's gun or arm come through a wall such that it can be seen from the other side."

I was afraid that was the case

When I can replicate with the new card I will report it as a bug.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 21:57:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 21:57:17