Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How many variables per .fpi file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 23:08 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 23:09
Hi,

Anyone know how many variables you can have in an .fpi. If you look on page 71 of the .pdf file, under "Creating a simple FPI file" you will see that item #13 states "You only have on variable per FPI file, which is called STATE".

However, if you look at examples like the one on page 79 you see that under section 11.6, item #6 it has the code:

:STATE=2,RANDOM=10:SOUND=audiobankmiscpng.wav

This seems to be two variables, one not named state. In other words this example on page 79 violates the rules on page 71. I'm assuming that page 71 is wrong and that you can have more than one variable with any name you want. Is this correct? Could someone help clear this up?

Oh, and while I'm on this topic - does the code line above mean

IF STATE=2 AND RANDOM=10 THEN PlaySound("audiobankmiscpng.wav")

my question being does adding multiple items on a condition line automatically make the comparisions as ANDs? Also, what is the limit to the number of conditons on a line?

Thanks
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This seems to be two variables, one not named state."

Random is a condition. RANDOM=10 gives a 1 in 11 chance of being true (and thus happening). Cannot have your own variable names.

Quote: "my question being does adding multiple items on a condition line automatically make the comparisions as ANDs? "

Yes

Quote: "Also, what is the limit to the number of conditons on a line?"

Don't know if there is a practical limit.

Quote: "IF STATE=2 AND RANDOM=10 THEN PlaySound("audiobankmiscpng.wav")"

Yep (where random is a chance between 0 and 10 of it happening)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 12:04:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 12:04:34