Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Prefab selection remains empty

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

create a new project, open the prefabs and add them to your game.
Create two rooms, player start and a connection between those doors.

Save your level.

Press the test game button to compile and run the game.
Play the demon and leave it with ESC.

The entity section will show your doors and other items you selected.
But the prefab section is empty (only the add prefab icon is there).
You need to select the prefabs again if you are going to add more rooms.

I would like to keep my prefabs in my prefab list.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it works?

-- slacer
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Confirmed bug. I placed armory small prefab and hallway small prefab directly above it and sure enough after leaving level test the prefab library was emptied.

This does bring up another "bug" errr... "feature". When adding a prefab the entity and segment library automatically fill with parts used in the prefab. This is uneccesary clutter AND it creates a problem because doors are placed into the entities library and of course doors don't work real well as entities

...well unless you want to make fake ones or you like door shaped wall hangings
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 01:51
I think the reasons for this is the Prefab is a collection of segments (Hence all the segment parts that make the prefab getting added to their relevent areas). The prefab itself isnt stored in the map, so isnt saved. (The collection of segments are).

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
slacer
Years of Service
User Offline
But if you want to use the same cellar over and over againg, you want to keep it in your "hot list".
Otherwise it would not make sense to have the prefab list at all.

-- slacer
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:54 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 02:55
Yep and the inverse is you don't want your other libraries jammed up with stuff that was used to make the prefab.

I guess I can see WHY it does it this way, but it needs to be changed as it's not elegant at all and makes the software seem more unstable or buggy than it is.

Plus I can tell you that with limited video memory the libraries are hell to deal with when there are more than 10-12 items in them. (I have the minimum suggested specs)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:43:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:43:08