Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 07:12 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 07:22
Don't know if this has been asked or it's the manual, as i didn't read the whole thing word for word usually i skip to the good part's of most manual's so i may have missed it.

Is there a way to take that press enter to use, text off of the doors? Or better yet change it, like if your game has key's to open door's such as a in doom like yellow, blue, red, could to change the door text to (open door with blue key) so the player would have some idea what was going on in the game and what key they even need to open the door? A inventory would be sweet but really not so much needed if we could just tell them what they are looking for to get to the next area, every key when picked up says picked up key, not picked up the name of the key that was given to it in the editor same goes with door's.

Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 07:31
I Dont think there is a way to take off that "press enter to use".

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
XC Tang
Years of Service
User Offline
The "press enter to use" is actually an image located at Files/gamecore/Text/pressentertouse.dds, you can change it if you want. And yes, you can choose to display different text on different doors, you just need to code your own FPI script and implement the script on the doors.

If you are not good at scripting, an easier and better way is to erase the pressentertouse.dds (paint it black), and set a sound zone at the entrance of the door to give vocal instructions to player.

Exiee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 14:14:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 14:14:33