Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do I set the in-game music?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 12:04
OK, I want to start my level with music in the background. I can't find it in the manual. How do I do this?

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 12:18 Edited at: 15th Feb 2005 07:24
Search in the pdf, there's a section on it under advanced users page 58 that explains background music, you have to edit the fpi.

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 13:08 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 13:20
OK, found it. Didn't work. I ripped an audio file. Saved it as a .wav file in my audio editor. Saved the file to a folder within the game makers folder. Altered the .fpi script via the 'build game' menu under 'general' and 'music' to my wav file. I built the game and played it. Nothing.

Anyone else have this trouble yet?

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 13:35 Edited at: 15th Feb 2005 07:25
Just tested it out and it work's fine here.
Made a new folder in audiobank folder called mine.
Put a .wav file in there called test.
Went to build game - level settings - global script - general music
pointed to my file called test.wav works in test mode or compiled here.

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 13:57
hmm, same exact thing I did and no go. Wierd. Have to do some more testing.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:09
That's wierd, I never noticed this problem, maybe it's because I use Mp3 files instead.

Ego de Kaite Kudasai!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:10
Does it support mp3 files? I was under the impression that it would only support .wav files. I'd much rather use mp3 files.

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:33
Confirmed...it does not support mp3 files. I took the same music file, exported it as a wav and a mp3. Tried both. Only the wav file played in the test game.

I don't know what I was doing wrong yesterday with the wav file, but it is working now.

Now I need to figure out how to make a set of switches on the wall where the player can use one to pick a specific type of music. Switch A: Metallica Switch B: Pink Floyd Switch C: Led Zepplin

Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 00:04
Ya call those different types of music?? Yuck!

Basically dark.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 00:13
Well, that's only 3 out of my top 10. Sorry. How about: Rush? U2? Jethro Tull? Boston?

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
i thought ur top 3 where good

need: korn pantera slipknot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 22:00:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 22:00:11