Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 02:48
The manual states the following:

Quote: "11.1 Changing the Game Resolution
The games made by FPS Creator run in 1024x768 resolution 32bit colour. This can be changed by editing the games setup.ini file. This file is read each time your game is executed so the more advanced users could write a game pre-
loaded that modified the ini file contents (i.e. a small exe that let the user set their game resolution themselves, etc)."

I would like to make a program that allows the user to modify their game settings by editing the setup.ini. Can Lee/Mike (anyone that knows) give a line-by-line explanation of the setup.ini file. I noticed that changing the "keyx" values allows for using different keys to move within the game. However, I need to know what the valid values are (they don't appear to be the ANSI values). As stated in the quote above, the resolution can be changed, but the manual doesn't say which setting to change. A detailing of the setup.ini file would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

www.OTSsoftware.com
Ali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 06:17
If you're going to make a little game options program that'd be great. I was planning on making one in a week or two when I've finished my first game. But I was planning on using Pascal and my Pascal isn't too good.

If you make it change the texture quality, resolution and keys that'd be excellent. All those are stored in the ini file, so it can be done.
OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 03:11 Edited at: 17th Feb 2005 03:12
Okay, here's the scoop from Lee (THANKS LEE!!!)on the setup.ini settings. Please note that changing these values are at your own risk:

; set this to zero for HIGH quality, 2 for MEDIUM quality and 4 for LOW
[GAMERUN]
dividetexturesize=4

; the default here is 1024x768x32. You can specify any standard width
and height and depth (ie 640x480x16, 800x600x32, etc). Be aware this is
untested so HUD alignment may be a problem when deviating from the
default size
[GAMEDEBUG]
width=1024
height=768
depth=32
useuniquelynamedentities=0

; each key value is actually the SCANCODE() value from DBPro
[GAMEPROFILE]
key1 = 17
key2 = 31
key3 = 30
key4 = 32
key5 = 57
key6 = 46
key7 = 13
key8 = 19
key9 = 16
key10 = 18
key11 = 42

For an explaination of SCANCODE() and a keyboard mapping, see this DB Pro thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=46311&b=1

www.OTSsoftware.com
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
In the SETUP.INI file, the following is at the end:

"global = gamebank\mygame\setuplevel.fpi"
"levelfpm1 = "
"levelfpi1 = gamebank\mygame\loadingpage.fpi"

Ignore the quotes - I put them in to keep the paths correct.

Now, I know that the setuplevel.fpi is for global (can that be parsed in some way on a level by level basis or to load mpeg or avi videos or some kind of intro or tutorial?) values, but what is the levelfpm1 (loadingpage.fpi) script for and can it be customized on a level by level basis?

Mike
GameKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 08:45
Hi,

This would be something that should be added to the main game menu, all game allow you to set the parameters for the game from the main menu.

Enjoy

Abit IC7-G Max II, P4 2.5 gig, 1 gig DDR Ram, 80 gig Maxtor HD, NVidia FX-5700 128 DDR, Sound Blaster Live! Digital.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 16:58:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 16:58:50