Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A word about the EA release and bugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 13:41
Those who have bought the FPSCreator recently may be running into a slew of problems that need to be corrected. That will happen in due course however please remember that this is more like a beta. It is in no way what V1 will be like. This is a pay to test version. What bugs you find will need to be reported to Lee and I am sure that some of you will find a few along the way. Don't hesitate in reporting. Make sure to say how you found the bug, what method you used to create the bug and anything else you think would be helpful for finding the bug again. It's important you take these steps so that you can help Lee, Mike and any of the TGC staff to correct the problems. If it is of great importance please email them directly to let them know. They may not have the time to look through the forums for bugs. Hopefully something will be coming that can help you report the bugs to them. In the mean time, have fun with the EA release. This is exciting stuff and I am sure many of you have started to create interesting and cool games.
Peace.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 14:52
If you are experiencing problems and believe it to be a bug in the software and not a problem with your hardware, your drivers, having spyware on your computer, etc., then check Post Bugs Here (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48444&b=21&p=0)to get a list of confirmed and uncomfirmed bugs and their threads. If yours is on the list, then hopefully you can get it fixed, or can at least confirm that the bug exists for those that haven't been duplicated. If you can't find what you're experiencing then please post it either on the forum or on the Post Bugs Here thread.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
From the FPSC website:
Quote: "As an EA user you will gain automatic entry to our Product Development system so you can post comments, feature requests and any bugs or UI issues you may encounter. Login details to this part of our web site are sent when you order. "

I'm waiting for that to happen so I can begin properly reporting bugs.

Hopefully soon Rich?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 21:51
An official place for everyone to post bug reports is now overdue.

Mail Lee? That would just overwhelm him just now I would think. If we post to a list Lee or someonelse can go through it at their leisure. Anyway whats his e.mail address?

At the mo there are multiple BUG threads and many repititions of bugs reported. No one knows at the moment if anyones paying any attention to the reports - I guess someone from TGC is watching this forum and the bug reports? Theres no list we can check.

Sticky thread at the top is needed - yes?
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 22:50
Quote: "Mail Lee? That would just overwhelm him just now I would think. If we post to a list Lee or someonelse can go through it at their leisure. Anyway whats his e.mail address?"

I think mailing Lee is a bad idea as he will be inundated with pointless threads of things that arent bugs because people havent read the manual properly. There should be a sticky on here, lets ask VanB or someone if they would sticky a bug thread for us all. please?

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 01:40
I'm trying to kill all the mutliple threads about one bug, with my thread. I guess no one looks at it to see what bugs have been posted already.

-Stewie from Family Guy
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:09
Ominous - can you drop me an email please? We've got something to offer you if you are interested.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:14
Quote: " Ominous - can you drop me an email please? We've got something to offer you if you are interested."

Mod?

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
game Spacer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it does sound a little Ominous.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:47
This is not a bug posting thread. This was about how to report a bug. If they are going to report a bug they might as well report it to Lee for the time being instead of placing it in the forum. Lee may or may not have the time to go looking through the forum for bugs and while yes we are moving to another board soon, this is just a thread to let people know what to do.
Quote: "If it is of great importance please email them directly to let them know."

I can't understand why people only read part of my post and reply to it. It's like half reading a book. I've been around here for almost three years now. Do you really think I'm going to post something that doesn't make sense?
SoulMan

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:47
I figured it would be helpful to first confirm the presence of a bug in the software rather than a problem with a specific persons hardware. Why should people contstnatly barrage the big guys with their problems if we can figure it out ourselves. This is espescially true for problems with a person's hardware, not the software. It's kinda hard for TGC to correct any problems you have with your computer (lacking the updated drivers or directx c). I figured it would be nice if you could post a problem, and the community could try to duplicate it. If it is duplicated we send it up the chain. If it can't be then why bother them with it. I mean you could e-mail mike with a problem, and he sends a response like, "It's not a software bug, it's on your end". You come to find out that you have spyware on your computer, that's causing the problem(s). You just had mike working on something that isn't bug.
I don't know. That's just my opinion. Perhaps TGC wants us to send in every little thing.

-Stewie from Family Guy
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:15
Ominous,
Did you even read my entire post? Apparently not. I was stating that if the bug is of great importance to report it right away. For example, the bug that I found. I'm not telling what it is though for it would be very very bad for other people to know. However I told Lee right away about the bug to which he replied I needed to wait until they get us a bug reporting function going and then report on that just as a keep sake. I have also stated in this forum to check for Spyware/Adware/Virus first before reporting any problems. Also to check drivers and direct x version.
SoulMan

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:34 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 05:37
Yes and even though you've stated it several people still have experienced problems with Spyware/Adware/Viruses and reported it. And yes if it's that obvious that its a bug( "Uh...excuse me is this the TGC helpline? Yes, well I started up FPSC, and my hardrive exploded. No, I'm fine, but there is a smoking crater where my computer was. Yeah, I think it was a bug, or a murder attempt."), then please don't hesitate; skip the process. However, some people will not be absolutely sure they have a bug, and the community can help them with that.

Sorry, SoulMan. I went back and found I had skipped two lines.

I will support SoulMan in that if you find a way to remove the FPSC splash screen, have somehow broken into files you shouldn't have, etc., DON'T POST IT. Report it, please.

-Stewie from Family Guy
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 06:52
Ominous,
Tis True.
SoulMan

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 13:04 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 13:05
Sorry Coldnews and game Spacer, not a mod...yet...

Me and Rich are good buds from the...eh...err...Canadian/American War of 1999 (Dang Phil & Terrence, and their evil impressionable television show)...yeah. I just happened to change my e-mail address, and I hadn't sent him the new one...so he wanted me to send him the new one...yeah.

Don't ask why Rich was involved in the Canadian/American War of 1999. I mean he could tell you, but then he would have to kill you. The UK really takes it's spy stuff seriously...really...just look at James Bond (Sean Connery's the Man and Peirce Brosnan comes in second).

-Stewie from Family Guy
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 13:56
My Army of Unholy Squirrels have reported to me that he was the one making the Beer for the Army. FESS UP! I know it had to be him.
My squirrels have ways to make you talk.
SoulMan

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:01 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 14:02
HIK...I hab...abosultely no...ibea...what urrr takling abot! HIK!

-Stewie from Family Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:19:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:19:58