Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Major uninstaller bug in my computer.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 18:35
I have uninstalled DBPro several times in the computer in which the Editor Shoecut Fix has not worked. Before, I managed to uninstal by removing manually the .exe files, and then the uninstaller worked. But this time it is not working. The problem is that some file that is still left keeps creating a "temp" file that seems to request something from some of the DBPro files, not allowing for its full elimination. The temp file is stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp" and gets a different name every time. it is called:"setX.tmp", where X is a different number every time. Additionally, this file is hidden. So, it can not be seen. The other files that share the same type (setX.tmp" of name, are setup files.
Well, that is my current headache. Can we stop those temp files from appearing when trying to uninstal DBPro?

Guillermo
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 18:45
Why not make sure everything in the temporary directory is not read-only, hidden etc etc and then delete everything.

You might need to do it from the Recovery Console (if your using XP), otherwise boot into DOS (if your using FAT)

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 19:10
The problem is not with files that are in the Temp folder. The problem is with some program creating temporary files that prevent the uninstallation.

Guillermo

Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 19:24
I get the same problem!

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 19:28
Yes, the filename its trying to use to create the temporary file probably already exists and/or its in use.

As well as clearing out the temporary folder, re-set the machine before trying the uninstall.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2002 19:46
I moved and renamed the Temp folder, created a new Temp folder, re-started in safe mode, and still it did not work. My guess is that as I used DBPro, I activated a background file that DBPro never closed. This Background file was not in the DBPro folder. It is probably in the system folder. It may be a Dll or DirectX file that DBPro uses. I wish I could figure this out. I am trying to uninstal DBPro, to install the Demo, run the demo a few times, uninstall the Demo, and reinstall the full version from the CD again. This may help somehow.

Guillermo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:33