Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do i save my room?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 01:31
Hi

I have just made a very detailed room in fpsc.
Is there any way i can save the room as an prefab and then use it later?

Thanks

The Nerd

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 01:59
You can use the map editor to create your own prefabs. You must follow the steps below to ensure your prefabs are created correctly.

1. First click the File/New menu item to begin a brand new map - you must start from scratch when creating prefabs.

2. Select the segments you wish to use and paint them to the top left corner of the map. You can use any combination of segments such as rooms, corridors, doors and windows. You must not use entities from the entities
library for your prefab design.

3. You can design your prefab over several layers. We recommend a height of no more than five layers, beyond this and it becomes difficult to place such a tall structure from the top/down perspective.

4. When you have painted your segments, position the 3D cursor at the lowest layer, at the top left corner.

5. Now press “E” and select the entire area of segments that define the bounds of your desired prefab. You can use the - and + keys to move up and down the levels.

6. Once the whole prefab is surrounded by the copy selector, press CTRL+C to copy the selection into the clipboard.

7. Now press CTRL+J to launch the “save prefab” dialog. Choose a location and enter a name for your prefab remembering to end your filename with “.FPP”.

8. After the dialog, you will be presented with a screen where you can preview the prefab and zoom around with the camera using the W,A,S,D keys.

9. When you are happy with the view of the prefab, click the left mouse button to take a snapshot of the prefab. This image will be used as the thumbnail for the prefab.

10.You can now select the Add new prefab icon and you will find your prefab in the location you saved it to.

I hope this is useful.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:41
Thanks!! it works perfect

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 06:42