Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A little movie of what you can do with trigger zones, scripts and dynamic lighting.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:14
Still needs work but...

BTW. Thanks to who ever pointed me towards the voice changer, results in the movie .

There is no static lighting in this level so far, its all dynamic. (Builds really quickly because of it too )

This is basically achived by playing with light settings and multiple activaions in scripts. Timers and random for some of the effects.

http://www.tyranntrpg.org/test.wmv (7870147 bytes)

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:49
Nice job, thanks for the look

dave

Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 2,1AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ Barton 2.20 GHz ,1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR
Prancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:55
Very nice job. I almost got scared at one point. Could be because my speakers were accidently set really load.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
dude,

Where did you find the command to lower the ambient light level - I wish to achieve the same effect - no or very low ambient light so that I can have flickering lights making for a VERY scary atmosphere - finish it off with shrieking sirens and some gas vents letting loose some steam and you have a kick butt theme going!

Let me know dude, I cannot seem to find it myself.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:13
WOW this is sooo impresive!!! Really show of what fpsc is able to do!!

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:20
WOW! If that's going to be an acutal level in your game, I definitely have to download it. It had a perfectly creepy atmosphere, especially with the lighting and the voice. Excellent work in both creating the atmosphere and showing off what FPSC can do.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:27
Thanks for the comments. This one will take a lot longer to do as I'm trying to work out each room at a time, with lighting and differnt scripting effects.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:33
@music man,
Either in a script with:

ambience={Value}

Or In the build game dialog. Go to the second tab and edit the global script. This will modify the ambient level for test game too.

Jas

----
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the multiple postings - my mouse button got stuck (lol) - sorry.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the heads-up - I didn't even notice that script before (duh) - now, for another question - can these values be seen in the test mode, or do you HAVE TO build the level to see the fog and ambient lighting levels?

Also, when do I get to see my forum posts immediately - I had to change email addresses and now I am a new user again (arghhhh)

Mike
00bk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 04:28
Two things:
1) What IS the voice changer program? (nice... )
2) How did you "film" the level?
Thanks
PS Looks VERY good - would happily buy for loads of money

the apocalypse is coming!
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 05:21
@Music Man, click the preview button to see instantly.

@double o benny,
1) Look on http://www.audio4fun.com/
2) Look on http://www.fraps.com/

Ages to go yet before it is ready.

Jas

----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:49:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:49:01