Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / maybe bug?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I created a new light and assigned the ID = 1. Then when I pointed the light, it pointed my 3D object that also had an ID of 1. It may or may not have pointed the light correctly, didnt spend the time to figure that out. Anyway I was under assumption that IDs for lights, cameras, objects, shaders, etc were all seperate. Does this mean that DG uses 1 universal ID system? So does that mean anything other than lights cant have IDs of 0-7 if you want lights in the scene?
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:32
It should point the light towards any object within range, regardless of its number.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it dont. But yeah it only does it for dbPointLight(). If I set the light to directional and then change the position, it is fine.
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive sat down and played with this more and I have some stripped down code people can try:

Interestingly enough, if I change the cone ID to something other than 1, it works. If I make the cone after the light, it works. If I dont call dbPointLight(), it works. But if I make the cone then make the light with the same ID and call dbPointLight(), the cone does not render. At least it doesnt render where it is supposed to. And it doesnt seem to matter if I call any of the other light functions. One might think that not setting the light to spot or directional might be the cause but it doesnt seem to matter. And thats as far as Im willing to test this. I think its enough to show something is wrong.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 20:45
In the early versions of the SDK, Mike had this same problem with sprites - the function names internally were the same between different modules (ie, Create for sprites & Images). When linking the library, the linker would just pick one of the two to use and ignore the other.

This sounds like it's the same type of problem.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 07:24:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 07:24:30