Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / .wav files problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 05:32
I am having a problem playing .wav files.

I recorded some stuff on the Windows mic recorder, saved it, and then I made a script for a character that essentialy says ":plrdistwithin=100:sound=entitybank\MyEntities\sound.wav" but it won't work. I can listen to the .wav on my computer and it works fine. But in the game it doesn't play.

Any help is appreciated
GraPhiX
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 06:35
this may be a stab in the dark, only just started using fpsc myself, but have you tried putting your sounds in the audiobank\user folder and see if it works there
Prancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 08:16
I tired what you suggested but no luck. But I figured out that I could download a .wav file off the internet and exchange it with the shotgun reload sound and it worked. Maybe my .wav files have different properties. Again any help is appreciated
Prancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 08:28
Aha I found the problem. Just for anyone else who has this problem here is how I fixed it:

Under the Windows Recorder program go to file->properties then press the "Convert Now" button. Under the combo box pick the option for 11.025 kHz 8 bit Mono. This seems to do the trick.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 13:22
Yes that is correct. Entities play their sound in 3D space, so MONO WAV files must be used for all sounds referenced by entities. There is no limit to the quality of the WAV files, just make double sure that are MONO when you save them or convert them out. Working this out after spending an hour looking over your FPI logic is no joke!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I think they MUST be 8 bit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:33:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:33:07