Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC-Segments

Author
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 08:48
I am a little confused. To add meshes to the game, it is my understanding i run FPSC-Segments.exe - but i cannot find this at all in the program folder.

Please dont laugh.. if i have overlooked something simple here!
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 08:52
Stevie,
You haven't overlooked anything. It's just not there.
Lee decided the program wasn't ready for primetime. We are suppose to be getting word on how to do segments sometime this week. We will be getting the program soon enough though. They felt it was too difficult to use and would like it to be user-friendly.
Sorry if this causes you any problems. It has just a little bit for me but I can wait.
Peace.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 12:53
Just so, the segment editor and the entity thumbnail maker are both internal tools that look visually poor compared to the FPSC interface, and few user safeguards. Rather than invest time making these releasable, we put extra energy into the main EA components. For those more than eager to create segments and entities, you can skip the use of these editors and start looking at the FPS and FPE text files themselves. I could release pages of information how they work, and I hope when a few of your read through them the explanation (in the main) will be unnecessary. I can answer specific questions in that case to help along public knowledge of the subject. Generally however, I do not expect wide customisation at the sub-segment and sub-entity level until I release some high-level interfaces to make the process painless.

We may decide to release the segment editor and entity thumbnail maker as a seperate special release for the hard-core users who do not mind the lack of bells and whistles and happy to live with the odd lost segment, disappearing meshes, and odd behaviour of these internal tools. If I get a few requests for same, I will bounce the implications of releasing these internal tools around the team, then decide from there.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 13:19
Lee,
If given anything, they might make nice for selling. For example, you could package them at a later date into a nice program for extending FPSCreator? I wouldn't mind paying for something like this and I think it would give you a little more reason to put them out. Yes money drives but hey why not?
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 02:51
I would be interested in these tools as I want to use customisation for my games. In the mean time doing it the hard way is not so hard if I could find the entity .tga files, which has already been mentioned by someone else I believe. Perhaps the entity .tga files refers to the .x file embedded skins?

Not looked further at this as I am testing out other things, like level complexity and design and optimising frame rates in outdoor levels.

A method of swapping out entity models would be very useful. i.e. choose to change the entity for another via a search for folder dialogue box, and load a replacement entity. Not sure if this can be done now?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 20:13:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 20:13:15