Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Doors (And no, I'm not having problems with keys)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:04
Ok,

I painted a door into my level, but after a while, decided to take it out. I left clicked the door to grab hold of it, but it wouldn't move. After trying several methods, I made an attempt at removing the settings of the door, hoping the door would go away (idiodicly). Anyway, now it's just a blank grey elipse that wont do anything. I tried to fix it but I cant remember which door it actually was. So is there a way to remove it?

Last night I was looking up at the stars and said "Where the hell is my roof?!"
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:28 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 14:28
I don't think you can move doors. I just A) left click, then right click, which deletes stuff, B) left click, then press delete, or C) choose any door segment then go to the door you want to delete and right click, getting rid of the door you want and NOT replacing with another.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:33
Thanks, for some reason only the third one worked.

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:40
Yeah the third one is the one I use the most. More bugs to add I guess.

-Stewie from Family Guy
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to be able to delete items from their properties page.
Some of this selecting, right clicking gets tedious. Doors, in particular, seem a bit problematic.
Also, it would be nice if, when moving objects in the 3d view, the view didn't shift along with the item being edited.
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:53
Well you can delete in the properties view. Click on an entity and before you do anything press the delete key. This usually does it for me.

-Stewie from Family Guy
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 14:53
Certainly - It would be something nice to see in V1

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 03:22
Yes I added in the DELETE KEY in entity properties mode as a way to get past this very mysterious 'entity remains' bug. I thought you might like to carry on with your levels, even if you get hit by this odd behaviour of the EA segment overlay editing sometimes

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
For me, it doesn't work on doors.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 19:42
Jiffy, can you post another message with the exact step by step process to show this problem (we need to know every mouse click and every name of all segments and entities used).

I used the Delete key to get rid of a door and found that I could leave the door way there as a sort of door arch (nice tip that!)

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 13:13
Okay, I'll try, but it was a while ago and i have a horrible memory.

First off, I had a room with Bunker Storage area, and I added a door - I'm pretty sure it was an auto Prison Cell Door. I didn't know it had to be set to Dynamic at the time, so when I tested it, it didn't work. I made a few attempts at fixing the problem, but none of them worked. So, I decided to try and remove the scripts that the door used, hoping that it would cause the door not to appear. I removed the texture, and the door became blank. After finding that out, I tried to restore all of the scripts. I put back what I thought each one was, but it still didn't work, as I didn't know the name of the texture. After this, I tried a few methods of getting rid of doors - the ones posted here. Now that I think about it, none of those actually worked for me. The one that did work, however, was adding a different ROOM segment, which replaced the wall the door was on, and thus removing the door itself.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 08:57
To delete doors that stubbornly refuse to be removed. Use the N key to select entities. Right click on the entity (that is the door) to get you into zoom mode for the entity. Then hit the DELETE KEY (near INSERT and END keys). You will see your entity is deleted.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 13:53:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 13:53:39