Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / This is rediculous - someone in the know please do something!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Listen people, I have been a Dark Basic customer for years - now I purchased this package and every other thing you have for sale!

All I did was change my email address to my new (less spammed) one and now anything I post takes hours to show up.

Considering I am actively using FPS Creator and have quite valuable input (and nothing childish or offensive), I do not see the need to have my stuff read by moderators first!!!!

Please raise my level status here so that I can post and reply to people's questions!!!

Thank you.

Mike
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 21:20
The mods here don't have the power to fully approve users, heck we don't even know how long the approval period is - Rich might fix it for you - but I'm sure you can appreciate how the approval process is necessary to vet trolls etc, it's just a shame that trusted users sometimes get caught in the system.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 21:25
Here is a heads-up for anyone reading this. If you want to change your email address, do it from your User Profile (scroll to the bottom, hit the link that says "change email address" under the big heading). Then you won't get reset to newbie status. You only get reset to newbie status if you sign-up a new account. Don't do it because I will not re-code the "newbie detect" script specifically to avoid your account just because you didn't use the system in place to change your email address.

Cheers,

Rich

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Van,

Yeah dude, I understand - it's just that I want to help people out and after hours I still don't see my posts showing up - I just figured something is wrong with my laptop - then I see that little red message above - GRRRRRRR - and I say, "Wha?" Why am I now lilliputian? I should be a TITAN - well, not that good - but at least on the level of the lower demigods.

he he he.

Mike
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Richard,

I did it because my old email address gets about 800 pieces of spam an hour and they have no spam filtering.

I ordered FPS creator with my new un-spammed account and wanted to see my order status - oops - couldn't - so I made a new account for myself - guess that was not smart, eh? I should know better too!!!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 21:30
The problem wasn't with changing email address - that makes perfect sense re: the spam, it was just the way you did it unfortunately. If you'd use the User Profile method it wouldn't have created a new account and your newbie status wouldn't exist at all. If you can remember your old login details I can change the email address to your new one and erase this new account? Up to you.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Richard,

I will try to login with my old email acct and change things - unless I cannot at this point. My email address was more than likely mfelker@primerica.gosolo.com

Feel free to private message me for the password.

Mike
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Richard,

I'm screwed. Because I already created this new account (mfelker@tmail.com) I cannot change the email address of the old account (mfelker@primerica.gosolo.com).

Anything you can do? If not, how long / how many posts till I graduate?

Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:41:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:41:18