Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 01:23
How do bump maps work.

I looked ar one of the FPE files, and saw a pointing to effectbank/bump/bump.fx -
- but this doesnt exist???

Also do u not need a 'bump' texture to go with the image, or is it derived from the shader bump.fx.

And if so why isnt there a bump folder, with bump.fx in?
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 01:29 Edited at: 17th Feb 2005 01:30
Can you tone down the double posts?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48580&b=21

-This...is my boomstick!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 02:39
Exactly what I would have done about two hours into using the product, start looking at the files Yes the bump.fx is something that will be used in V1, when I have written some blindingly fast FX files for you. At the moment most FX files available show off the wow factor visuals, and do not concern themselves with speed too much (those that I have seen). To work a really fast shader takes time and a hefty dose of talent. I have both in scarse supply, certainly when it came to EA. I am chasing down some nice shaders that will use the paintstakingly prepared normal and specular maps, and then speed them up for V1 release. When this happens, many of the entities will come to life with real normal maps and some nifty bump effects. I know a guy that does this for a living so there is hope!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:06:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 13:06:18