Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Windows Problem

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 05:32
I have some rooms composed of 4 tiles so each side wall is 4 sections or tiles long. On one side of the rooms I want to place windows so one can look out.

Why is it that when I place the windows some of them seem to be erronous. i.e. two will show up in the editor as green markers while two more will show up as red makers. The ones with red markers being obviously erronous.

When testing the level the erronous windows dont have any glass in them so the player can fall out of the room through the window (not a good idea when you are in space as you die of course).

This will happen in any room I try to put windows so its not a particular room thing.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening - could be a bug I guess?

Your help is appreciated

Thank You

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 05:35
Please post pictures of what you are seeing in the editor. That should help us understand your problem.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 05:56 Edited at: 17th Feb 2005 06:57
Well its simple - some windows have glass other dont? No reason for it that I can see.

On continually trying to insert the windows its obvious that Its completely erratic as after many attempts I have all windows in.

Thanks
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 21:05
uman please send me an fpi file - my email is rick@thegamecreators.com

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 18:34:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 18:34:43