Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Another door bug!*$%

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 08:51
THE MOST ANNOYING BUG EVER! When I put an auto door, for some reason, sometimes it turns it into a fake door and I can't get it open at all, this then happends with all dorr segments. I have also had one where it was saying a room segment had a image of an elivator on it??? I really like FPSC but upto now it has really done my head in, way too many bugs!

Thanks Jordan Siddall
00bk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 17:17
Are you sure that you put the door in as a segment? I had the same problem and it was just because the door was in fact an entity.

the apocalypse is coming!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 18:14
You may have set it as a static object - go to the doors properties and make sure static mode is off.

Last night I was looking up at the stars and said "Where the hell is my roof?!"
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 00:29
My only concern with your comments of "way too many bugs!".

People have built entire levels with lifts, doors, pits, etc and they don't seem to have the problems your having.

Could it be that maybe your not understanding the material?

-This...is my boomstick!
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 00:48
nope
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 08:26
I dream the ideal piece of software is a product that cannot fail, no matter what the user does. A piece of software so correct, it just works no matter what the external considerations. Super-software infact. Not impossible, but it would probably take ten years per application. In answer to the thread question, I want every single bug please. We need to get to the guts of what works and what does not work in EA, and rip out the stuff that clearly does not work for the end user. What we need for Monday (22ND FEB2005) is a list of how to reproduce these bugs so we can see them on Mikes machine on Monday. If you can provide enough information to mike@thegamecreators.com for Monday/Tuesday we may just totally fix the issues and the next patch will resolve this issue entirely. The problem is that on our machines the software runs smoothly because we have fixed established systems and have been using the software the same way for over a year, so we need new ways to use the software, and indications of new system specs to challenge the stability of FPSC. The more info you can provide, the closer we get to fixing 'your' bug, and then you get to put your foot down and go full steam ahead (not sure if pedal power was ever linked to steam but hopefully you get my drift).

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 22:14
You are most likely using a door on an Overlay object. Doors will only cut into segments. In V1 we will ensure all overlay walls are made into proper segments. Sorry for the confusion.

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 22:17:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 22:17:58