Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Corridor Segments and Doors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 04:48
Anyone know a good bridge to jump off?

What is the friggin deal with the doors and corridor segments? They don't fit! No matter what door I use, there is a gap on either side. Again, I can't be the only one running into this. Am I doing something wrong?

Good grief.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 05:25
When using the corridors - where it meets the walls of a room you want your connecting door to/from make sure the corridor section that butts to the room wall is a deadend dection with the solid part touching the room wall - there is also another similar corridor section which is called blocked - you could alternatly try that one for a posible better/worse result.

Also when you place your door using the directional arrow try placing it both from inside the room or alternatively inside the corridor (rotating the arrow 180) as they dont always cut the same from both side of a wall.

I had the problem and but trying a combination of these techniques fixed it. When you get the combination working - make a note of wha you did and remember it.

Hope that helps
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 06:30
uman,

Thanks, but I tried it a number of times with no good results. I use a deadend cooridor segment and then butt it up to a room wall, then I put the door in (both ways tried). I see the door and it functions, but when it opens it is blocked by a light-brownish wall, which I'm assuming is residule of the deadend segment.

For the life of me, I don't know how people are acutally making levels with doorways. I've spend hours on this now and I still have nothing.

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 07:05
Eureka! Well, sorta...

I finally figured a little work-around on the door gap/corridor/wall segment issue. Here's what I did:

1. Painted a prefab (I used the large storage room).
2. I painted a single, straight corridor segment outside of the prefab wall.
3. I put a door inside of the corridor segment, opening to the prefab room.
4. I selected the two cubes that included the corridor segment and the door, then went through the steps for creating your own prefab (ctrl+c, ctrl+j, save, and snapshot).

Now, I can make a new level, add my new prefab in, and then add in my wall segments for making my outdoor compound. The only thing is it looks a little weird becuase the textures are different on the wall and the first floor texture in front of the door is from the prefab floor.

I've attached a screenie.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 08:49 Edited at: 21st Feb 2005 08:51
@FPS Creators:

I have seen this ¨issue¨ before. First what happens is you need to understand how the ¨outside¨ and ¨inside¨ painting works.

If you follow the manual, there is a small issue with that, so I would like to ask you a question first.

Do you ¨want¨ the ground texture that you have in your image as grass or metal (which is what it appears to look like to me).

If you can answer this, I can help you easier. Also please tell me the prefabs/segments that you are using and I can walk you through it. It is not so much as a bug as an understanding how 2 ¨models¨ can share the same ¨3d¨ space without tearing.

P.S.
You can also email me a sample of what your trying to accomplish. I just need the configuration file if you are using the same media from the FPS Creators. Should be a wopping 118k or something like that.

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 09:35
Cellbloc,

Thanks for offering to help me. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want to create an outside compound (approx 12x12). I want the ground to be "grass". I use the "grass" segment from the WW2 section 'Platforms'.

Surrounding the compound, I am using the 'large wall' segment from the ww2 and 'scenery' section.

From there, I want to place a corridor using the 'Bunker Entrance Corridor Straight' on the outside of my compound. I want to put a door that leads from the compound to the corridor (a remote door from the ww2 'scenery' section). Finally, I want a switch entity to open that door.

Does that provide you with enough information?

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 05:57
bump - in case Cellbloc didn't see my response.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 06:11
Hehe. Thanks for the bump. I didn't see it.

I will look at it here in a few minutes....

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 05:24:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 05:24:06