Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / disappearing walls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 19:30
I placed a room out of the prefabs pack into my level.This room is 3 storeys high.If I try to place a floor segment 1 layer up i.e layer 6 it deletes the wall on the room at that layer when I try to place the segment next to the room wall.Am I doing something wrong?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 09:32
The default segment editing mode will automatically collect segments together so if you create a 3 layer prefab covering layers 5,6 and 7,cthen move up to layer six and draw a new segment to the side of the room interseting layer 6, the room will attempt to connect your new segment (ie floor) to the main room. This naturally means the wall must be removed to make the connection. If you wanted an outdoor floor, and keep the wall of the main room, simply make your segment editing mode External, by pressing the X key. You can now paint your floor outside the main room without deleting any walls.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 02:40
Say I wanted to change the floor inside the room to another texture the wall still disappears
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 04:28
Yes in EA, the walls and floor are actually PART of the same segment, so changing one will change the other. I have been thinking about this and it would be much cooler if the floor, wall and ceiling had seperate identities so each could be changed independently. Sure it means a headache to code the backwards compatibility for EA FPM levels, but from an end users perspective, who would want to go back if they could change their floor textures right up to the edge of a wall they are happy with. I mention ceiling too because another idea is that the ceiling could be painted to the current layer without moving one layer up to completely seal the room. All ideas at present, but relatively little tweaks like this could propel the editor from quaint to great, and I prefer the -G- treatment

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
If it's a question of either or, I'd rather sacrifice backward compatability. It's a bit early to get bogged down like this.
If you can accomodate both, fine. Otherwise, just go ahead.
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 09:15
I am using my EA as a learning tool for the V1, and have a project on the drawing board, so I too do not realy care for backward compatability if it means a better program.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
GameKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 12:46
Lee,

This is the EA version I think most of us are just using it to learn everything by. I know all I have been doing is reading this forum 2 or 3 times a day to see how things are being done and learning from it. Please add what ever you thing would be great additions to FPS Creator now before the V1 release. Thats when I will start designing my game levels.

One thing I would like would be a utility for us to do the model conversions very easy.

Thank you

Abit IC7-G Max II, P4 2.5 gig, 1 gig DDR Ram, 80 gig Maxtor HD, NVidia FX-5700 128 DDR, Sound Blaster Live! Digital.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 14:12:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 14:12:33