Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / ANOTHER door bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 00:41
Hi (again)
Basically, I have a prefab (in this case "staircase cement") and I put a door (a vault, use) at the top. Now, when I test it, I open the door, and I am unable to get through the door - i get stuck where the wall should be if there wasn't a door there.
HELP!!!

the apocalypse is coming!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 06:47
Post your map file so we can look at it please.

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:04
I've tried to replicate this with the components you mentioned. And it seems to work for me. Posting the level will help a lot.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:20
I tried to replicate it also with everything he said, no luck. I even stuck the Door(Vault Use) in every area on the prefab a door can go and it worked fine everytime.

"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold..."
- From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson (1937-2005)
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Sometimes,when you delete something, bits get left behind, such as wall segments. Could be that.
00bk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 15:12
Found the problem - but it's kinda wierd.
Basically, I put the door in, and it's a dynamic entity.
I test the game and I can't get through.
Then, when I exit test mode, the door has turned to static for some reason, and despite continuous efforts to change it back to dynamic (ie selecting it and pressing Y, right clicking and changing it to dynamic etc) its stays static.
I started a new map and copied the old one onto the new one and it works .

the apocalypse is coming!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 19:08:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 19:08:15