Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enemies Short On Brains

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 00:53
Sorry to go on about this, as I am sure things will improve, but enemy characters do not live up to their part. Sure, they will chase and shoot at you, but you don't feel much of a threat from 'em. If anything, they are not agressive enough. It's like they don't really mean it when they attack. They just stand there, waiting to be mowed down. This is my major concern with FPSC, and I think, one of the most important when presented to the public.

JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper
Opus
Years of Service
User Offline
After playing a number of FPSC created demos I have to agree with you. The nature of the AIs make even a hacker of a player such as myself feel nearly invincible most of the time. So far people have been compensating by increasing the hit points for each shot; i.e. making the player more vulnerable. Smarter AIs with selectable aggressivness levels would be good.

Eternal student in search of knowledge. But will settle for the occasional epiphany.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 01:57
you can change their firing rate. and you can code your own AI. Jeez, do you want TGC to do everything for ya?! lol.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 02:25
yep

SaM
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
yes that is why i bought the editor

Login to post a reply