Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / light switches?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 03:16
-hey guys
i was wondering how do you use light switches wheneveri put one into my level and i hit it it does abselutly nothing could someone give me some instructions to make it so when i press Return at a switch it turns on a light.

-Thanx

Fuzzy Bunnys never fale
never...
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 03:27
You need a dynamic light to be able to use the light switches. Create a room select a light, press y to make dynamic (Should turn green instead of red). Place the light on the level. Put a light switch against the wall and right click on the properties. Then in the IFUSED section put in the name of the light entity.

Test the level and the light should react to the switch.

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 03:38
Page 39 of the manual.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 04:36
ok i got it but do you know how to make it so at the start of your level the light starts off?

Fuzzy Bunnys never fale
never...
Fenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 12:37
all you have to do is load lightoff.fpi for the main script for the light source this way the light will be off untill you turn it on

if this has already been answered then ill just post this for all the new people

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 21:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 21:44:09