Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Antialiasing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 01:45
Hello,

I see there is a function to detect if antialiasing is available on the current system, but I can't find any to turn it on or off. What, then, is the interest in knowing it's there? It would be nice to support it since it can make the rendering look significantly better.

Jonathan
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you could try doing it yourself. I think antialiasing is one of those things thats fairly easy to do in DX cause you just turn it on or off as its implemented in hardware. I think you can get the device using one of the internal functions, and thats all you need really. Though not sure if the function works.

However I do agree there should be an AA on/off function in DGSDK. Same with some of the other stuff the availability functions check.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 20:49
One thing to remember is that usually the scene is stretched to fit the window size, so you have to set the window size from both the editor and the code to the same thing otherwise you can get some messy results. You see, after it stretches the image to fit the window, it does bluring to make it look less edgy.

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Unkelben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 22:11
The game is full-screen, so we don't have to consider the stretching effect.

AS for implementing myself antialiasing, well, it seems a bit out of my range. I read the Directx SDK info on that and didn't understand a single word. I'm not aware at all of how directx works really.

However, I tried to force antialiasing with the nvidia drivers and the results were awesome. We should definetely be able to control that from within the SDK.

Jonathan
Unkelben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 02:08
Just to show the difference, here are two screenshots of the same scene, one with 8x antialiasing, one with none. Find which is which and win a turnip!

Jonathan
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
So since the 2nd one has AA turned on (turnip!), did you implement it with DX or still forcing it?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 07:00
Yeah its a shame they didn't include an option to change that

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Unkelben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 22:00
Still forcing it!

Jonathan
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 01:00
Damn, that looks a ton better!

Soon to come...
Dark IDE, New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
Two plug-ins, A Time/Date and New File commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:28:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:28:24