Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Lighting *sigh*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2002 04:47
i cant get it to work, lol

no matter how hard i try, adding a light above my matrix does not light it up! lol look ive included every lighting command going:

bah! do i need to do sommit special to make it light my matrix?

and while ur here, how do i make it so my everything is realllly dark but then only where i put lights thing are my matrix is visible?

thanx
Pikapooh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2002 23:17
*crys*
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 01:06
You're not the only one with problems with lighting, the 'set light range' command does nothing obvious, here's what help I can offer.

To darken everything else use the:-

set ambient light 10

Or play with the 10 to get your prefered level of darkness. After that you need to play with the 'color light' command, now remember this, for it to work over distance (in the current DB) you don't just use the 'set light range' command, because that only controls how far the light is processed, not the distance that the light lights things up. The only way to have a light working at distance is to set the color light command to something ridiculous like 5000, and don't use the rgb() command or it won't work. Separate the parametres like this:-

color light 1,5000,5000,5000

It sounds crazy but it should work. However be careful with this because as you get closer to the light with the color values set high the difference between shadow and light becomes increasingly sharp! Have a play and see what you come up with, and don't worry about taking the values beyond what the 'help' files say are the limits, a heck of a lot of them are wrong!

Hope I've been some help.

Avan

You may scream when I get back...
Pikapooh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 01:17
thanx very much, there looks to be a lota great tips in that post, but im stuck on the first sentence, hehe

my ambient light thing doesnt seem to work, ambient light doesnt seem to affect anything.

the kinda lighting i want is for a RTS game like command and concouer so when its nite, i need the matrix to be dark and the lights to illuminate the immidiate surroudings if u get me,

thanx again
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 02:31
I think I know how to help again, try this command

color light 0,25,25,25

light 0 is the ambient light and should (hopefully) darken when set the correct colours.

Avan

You may scream when I get back...
Pikapooh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 00:39
thanx Avan than worked

thanx

i told you yesterday, i dont want any more bread!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:27:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:27:22