Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Problem with Transparent BSP walls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having a bit of a problem with BSP maps. I created a basic map in Quark (actually I didn't even change the default room that loads up with Quark), created the Half-Life bsp file (using Zoners build tools), then copied the file to the tutorials folder (tutorial9.dba), changed the bsp that was loaded from ikzdm1.bsp to newmap.bsp (the file I had created), then ran the program. The odd thing is that the walls seemed to be there but were invisible; you could run into them but you couldn't see them. The room is a small rectangle and I could run into the walls and slide along them, but they were completely transparent (I could tell I was running along the walls because the aliens would move in a way that would be consistant with traveling in that direction). The ikzdm1.bsp map works just fine (the walls are visible), but my newmap.bsp's walls seem to be transparent. I also tried changing the textures to a basic yellow bmp, but that did not fix the problem (walls are still transparent). The map I created works just fine in Half-Life. Does anyone have any ideas why something like this might happen?
Thanks

Chris

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:57:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:57:49