Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Copying 3d objects in RTS game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
We are working on a 3d stratergy game each time an object is placed it is reloaded from the harddisk this freses the game for a fraction of a second.
Could any one help me with a bit of code to copy an object and preserve all textures and animation.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 16:41
You know, I asked exactly the same thing a while ago; I got no reply...

I'm not entirely sure if there is a way (not in DBClassic, anyway). You can use the mesh commands and then stick the texture onto it, but that doesn't preserve animations or limb data and, from what research I've done (don't have enhancements!), neither to memblocks.

The only way that I can see is to follow the rather long road of loading each limb from a mesh, texturing them, aligning them and then appending an animation. For my latest game, I've come up with a better method, but it's very specific and involves the use of hidden limbs and glued objects.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks
I think i will try a pre loading script of some kind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:42:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:42:10