Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Maya to X no textures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the new DirectX plug-in for Maya 4.5 to export my textured models to .X files, but when I open them in DBPro (demo) the textures don't show up. I have the texture in the directory with my .x file. I started with a simple ploygonal sphere, with a simple bark.jpg texture, and a simple spherical UV map applied. Any help would be great, starting to get annoyed ::toothy grin:: I just bought DBPro, so I want everything tested before it gets here in the mail! Thanks beforehand everyone!
TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, and please don't reply with
"Why don't you just make object sphere then texture it in code?"
It's cause I want to use Maya to make my characters and complex geometry (EASY UV Texture editor), so i'm wondering how I get a model from Maya to DBPro, textured. If I can't, tell me what I need to texture my models, before my team makes textured models in (vane, vein, vain)? Thanks again.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 00:13
I dont know about Maya, but Cinema4D puts the graphics in with the .X file data.

Another this is that you cant multi-texture - you just end up with one colour.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
quartz
Years of Service
User Offline
if you can tell me what plugin your using I will give it a try

TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
Download the DirextX 8.1 SDK and it's in there, it's straight from Microsoft! (not like that means it's supposed to work ...)

TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, and i tested one sphere, with one file texture, (and plan to make all my characters with one texture file using unwrapping) so, it's not a multi-texture prob, but thanks!

TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
I suspect if i go the 3DS route, it might work, but what's this!? Not available in Trial Version? Blast! I've already paid 99 bucks to get the program, I want results now, lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:41:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:41:42