Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / GRID-LOCK - Entry for the 20 Liner Challenge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 13:38 Edited at: 19th Apr 2005 12:39
GRID-LOCK
By RUCCUS

I got bored and started working with my move-object-with-mouse formula I made, I wanted to make an example so I could show people what the forumla could do. Anyways, after a while I got hooked on making the game. It was pretty fun and I decided to make it into a 20 liner entry, that decision right there took me from doing a small game in 1 hour to a stress full game in 3 hours, jeez compacting code into 20 lines is hard. Anyways I finally finished and here it is, here's the info and specs of the game:

Game Specs'
-Made in DBP
-Exactly 20 lines (excluding comments)
-No media required

Game info
-You're a cool looking ball...thing. You move your mouse around to control the ball. Try and dodge the cubes coming at you as long as possible. I added in a quick high score storage system so you'll be able to see your best score, but it doesnt save them when you exit.
- I tried to incorperate as much randomness as possible in it. The box locations, sizes and speeds are all random. As you progress through the game the boxes go faster and faster, thus the game has a difficulty level in it.
- Just to add some more coolness I made the ball look cool with a ghosted sphere around it,

Game Controls
Move Mouse to move ball
If you die press any key (except esc.) to restart
If you want to exit press esc.

Other Notes
It's my first Entry to the 20 liner so c/c is highly encouraged, I want to know people think! Well, without further adue...adew...adoo..umm, without further waiting, here it is:

V2 - Bug Fixes: Cant go out of screen and get mad scores

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 13:52
It's pretty cool jim!

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 21:07
Thanks for the comment ion.

Just another Note incase people dont read it in the game, if you set your camera to be right behind the ball the game is insane, or at the ball exactly. It's so fast you dont know what your doing.

BTW: ion was just calling me jim to be...ion, My name isnt really jim to everyone else out there who may have thought it is.

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 23:40
It was a joke, i call everyone Jim. It's a really good game, ruccus!

Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 12:44
This is one of thouse adictive games, and is working very well as far as I can tell.
I'm gonna stop playing now.. or I might never.

Keep up the good work

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 21:44
Thanks!

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 12:48
Nice stuff...i felt really pressured by the blocks!

ionstream: not a goon show fan by any chance are you ?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Fun! I got like 2286 or something in that area. Addicting!!! You should have called it: Addictation

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 07:57

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:46:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:46:28