Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DB Pro can't even load objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 12:46
I've had some weird problems with DB Pro. Really weird. I kept getting an error saying Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line X, every time I tried to load a object.

I made a new source file and put this code in it:

load object "socom.3ds",1

wait key
end

And it gave me that error. Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line X. Instead of X though, it had 1 of course Here is a screenshot if you wanna see it:
http://powerboards.sourceforge.net/rpgcyco/screenshots/dbpro_weirderror.jpg

I got that error when I compiled, it as source code, without a project you know?

When I made a project for the file, it worked! Suprisingly. As you can see in this screenie: http://powerboards.sourceforge.net/rpgcyco/screenshots/dbpro_gun.jpg

The gun has no middle though... Another problem I guess...

Sometimes though, when I close that program, where it does load, it doesn't disappear from the Task Manager, so I have to End Task it.

Making a project doesn't cure the problem though for the rest of my programs Nobody has had this problem before I don't think, so maybe its my comp... Specs in my sig.

If anybody has any tips, pointers, whatever, please post!

l8ter

Rpg Cyco
http://www.rpgcyco.com - My Website & Forums
Specs: PIII - 866MHz, 128MB SDRAM, 8MB SiS 630, 17inch monitor, 18.6GB HDD 5400rpm, Win ME, DX8.1b, 56k Modem
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 13:38
At the moment .X/.3DS files need to in a specific format - you get the 7018 if it isn't in the correct format.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 13:44
I see. So how do I make them the right format? And what is the right format, lol Is this gonna be fixed in a patch do you know?

l8ter

Rpg Cyco

http://www.rpgcyco.com - My Website & Forums
Specs: PIII - 866MHz, 128MB SDRAM, 8MB SiS 630, 17inch monitor, 18.6GB HDD 5400rpm, Win ME, DX8.1b, 56k Modem
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 16:51
For Cinema 4D, to produce a working .X, you need to untick the 'Generate Mesh' option. I dont know for anything else, though.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2002 16:51
Hopefully, this (among other things) will be fixed in the next patch.

Gib007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2002 01:58
I make my models in MilkShape 3D 1.6.0 and export them to X format using the "DirectX 8.0" exporter plugin that comes with MilkShape 3D 1.6.0 and with default options, my models are shown perfectly...
Of course, if a face is not extruded, the model appears to be missing that part...

Kayron James Mercieca - kayronjm@gibnet.gi
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 00:33
so the files on the old DB1 CD are no longer compatible?
what about the ones in Dark Matter ?
Maybe in patch 2 they will include some kind of coverter thingy....
Pheeel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 01:55
The reason this is happening is due to you not having a project (as you've seen this sorts it out). The problem I always had with DBv1 was that it was file based. Thankfully DBPro is now project based (it'll even try and create one for you if you just load up a dba). Personally I'd always create a project as you'll know the path is to your objects are set up correctly

I think this all makes sense to me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:33:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:33:13