Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I did try and learn C...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 15:00
But in the end I found it was taking too long to actually get somewhere, before that I knew various Basic languages (YaBasic, QuickBasic, Basic etc.) but I just got stuck and had to keep going back and reading through pages of crap about different data types that I just kept learning and forgetting. I would like to learn a language apart from basic but I just found C too long winded and basically, Boring, just because I didnt seem to be getting anywhere.

If anyone knows any tutorials or advice on C/C++ or other languges that I could find a bit more interesting, I'd be grateful for it. Thanks
Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 15:02
If it sounded like I was being a bit ignorant about the topic then I'm sorry.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 20:57
C and C++ are actually really simple languages, as long as you learn the basics

once you understand the general language setup, structures and basic uses - you know the languages

Developers Central

that site has helped me alot

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 21:04
It took me ages to get competent in C - it always seems like you have to do everything yourself. C++ OTOH is actually easier for a beginner to pick up IF you have the right book.

If you want to learn from a book, then get 'Accelerated C++' from amazon. It's a bit fast going, but well worth the effort, and you'll be far better off than reading a 'Teach yourself C++...' type book.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:28:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:28:53