Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / weapon creation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2005 07:48
I made a new folder in the gamecore\guns folder. I named it new guns. I copied the assultrifle folder in new guns folder. I know I can make a new model and save it in this folder and copy over the hud model. And do the same for vwep. And make new textures and copy over the assultrifle texture. Is there anything else I need to do. I notice there are normal maps in this folder.I notice in entitybank\scifi\items there is another assultrifle.x file(is this the model on the floor for pickup?) and there is assultrifle ammo.x file(is this the ammo going to be used by the assultrifle) I know about the gunspec file.

thanks

don
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2005 13:03
any help??
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 02:42
Well I am able to get the weapon to load in the game only as a pick up but when i pick it up it says I got a weapon and it doest not show anything after I pick it up.How does the engine now where to put the weapon in the hands in the other players/enemies do I need bones as a mouting point of some sort?

don
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 06:51
I just felt like posting just now so you would'nt feal like your alone(i know how it feals ).

Alien-ite is now swivel Games.
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 14:23
Help I am stumped!!!!
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 03:47
Well the vweap model loads fine but the rotations is wrong. I am not able to see the hud model. I know I need to use the gunspec, align x,y,z inputs but whatever I put in the fields it does nothing
any help

don
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 10:51
I guess everyone is clueless about this
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 14:38
Does the hud model need animation to load?
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2005 08:14
Ok I got a complete new weapon that works in FPSC. There is a typo in the DOCS.The horiz, vert ,foward moves the model in relation to the camara not the align x,y,z as it states in the DOCS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:48:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:48:49