Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Playing animation Movies - Problem - Animation plays in new window

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 15:21
I'm trying to get movies .avi's to play in the dark basic SDK.

They will play fine, but they play in a seperate window on top of the old one. In the space where the movie was supposed to play in the original window is a white box.

Whats with that??? Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 17:07
Sounds like a special type of movie that has its own player rather than the standard Microsoft codec...

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk
Calm down dear! Its only an election...
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 17:19
Have you got the latest version of Windows Media Player installed?
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 18:32
Ah, thanks!!! Some of the avi codecs play in a new window. I'll just stick with ones that work. Sad thing is, MSvideo1 avi's or quicktime .mov's give me this error

"Debugger detected - please close it down and restart! Widnows NT users: please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!"

I have never heard of either WinIce or SoftIce.

The only video formats I have working are mpg's, And they don't work completely either! frames only play when I move the window! Otherwise they are frozen. Is this a sync problem? Should I be updating the screen?

~peace.

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 19:10
Ah, but no worries! I forgot you could turn of debugging when you run the program! That gets rid of the error. It was interfering with some hacker protection....

Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:23:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:23:38