Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Transparency with pngs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 02:20
I can´t get pngs to turn transparent. I set the transparent clour to 255,0,255 and it doesn´t show transparent, just pink. It works with bitmaps so I assume it´s a problem caused by paint when we pass the image from bitmap to png. Does anyone know how to get it to export properly or does anyone have any suggestions?

¿Como estas you el dia de today?
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 03:33
PNG works with alpha masks. Try using adobe photoshop or other software to create an alpha mask and then save it as PNG.

Alpha masks are like grayscale images, black is transparent and white is opaque. You can use alpha masks to make smooth transititions, like sprites which are "anti-aliased".

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 03:49 Edited at: 5th Jun 2005 06:04
mmm. So instead of setting a colour as transparent I use an alpha map? Right, Paint shop pro should have that function. I´ll write later with my progress.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Ok. I found the transparency thing in PSP and used 255,0,255 (pink) as a transparent colour and....it works!!
Once again thanks for your help

¿Como estas you el dia de today?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:01:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:01:35