Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using the Enhancement Pack with Game SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2005 07:53
I just found a way to use some of the file block functions to create a zip file by doing a LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress function calls to the Enhancement DLLs. What I need to know is if it is alright to do so whithout violating anything with TGC.

Also, I need to know when an SDK version will become available so that I won't have to hack the code. I will also need to know if there are any legal issues involved with using ZIP files for media storage.
Thanks.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2005 18:23
You shouldn't do it that way, mainly because if the parameters or order of them changes, it'll crash your program.

It may also violate the licensing agreement too.

I dont know when an update will be availiable for the enhancement pack though...

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 04:26
Can you "post" your hack until they say otherwise? I think a lot of other people have the same issues.

-This...is my boomstick!
Charles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 12:04
Give me a few days to organize the code into something recognizable.
Charles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 17:00
Damn!! I tested more functions from the Enhancement Pack but found that the extraction functions do not work. It seems that the Enhancement Pack works only in DBPro. Sorry, guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:28:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:28:12