Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help with Something!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering how i can make doors and stuff that look like this picture...

PLZ HELP!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2005 07:18 Edited at: 9th Jun 2005 07:37
You need to make your doors as a model in a modelling program the shape you want them to be.

You only need make one door and apply a texture to it appropriately - then copy it and rotate so it faces the other correctly. Now you have a set of doors.

Now you need to save or convert it somehow into to an .x file model.

You can use a copy of a default FPSC door or set of doors as a starting point. Find and open a default door script and track down all of the necessary associated files and copy them to a new location, rename them so that you can edit them all and leave the originals intact.

Now in the script file you will find references to all files you will need - you can make a x.file new model and textures for it or you may even possibly be able to use your new copies of everything and edit the .xfile model and textures to your likeing - if you are not good at such things - that may be your easiest option. The results however will be variable if you need to make big changes. e.g. the texture wont fit correctly.

If you can make a new model and texture then do so, using the default copies as a guide for size etc, by opening them in your modelling prog and the texture in your paint prog.

Once you have all of your new files made then you put them in the appropriate FPSC locations (look at the script file to see where the should be located if you dont know how to place them elsewhere)

Then having everything in the correct location - in FPSC editor place one of your doors (you need double doors in the pic instance, but if you made just a simgle door)place and rotate your two separate doors appropriately. Or your set of double doors if you made them as a set which you want to use as proper double animated doors.

If you are new to all this it sounds complicated but its not - one step at a time will do it.

FPSC comes supplied with a number of similar Doors and Corridors which would really suit for these kind of situations. By and large you may not need to make anything else complicated but use copies of the default ones and just make your own textures to fit using copies of the default ones as a guide. In the case of the broken doors as shown in the pic - with a little ingenuity you should be able to take a copy of a Default double door set and make it so that you can have it as two separate pieces (just one is needed in fact) that you can place and rotate one independantly of the other as with the broken door pic quite easiy with very little work.

If you want textures of a particular design or quality that have a particular look and feel which adds to the feel of the quality of the environment, then thats down to you to make them if you have the skill or get someone else to make them or buy some professional textures.

Certainly its not difficult to acheive the quality you see in the pic you show - FPSC can acheive that by default - using default textures and models - the final quality of appearance of the environment in FPSC will depend on the skill of the level designer, the textures used, the wise use of lighting, the final choice for in game resolution of the displayed textures and the system and Video Card of the target gameplay machine.

Hope that helps a little.

Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 18:31 Edited at: 16th Jun 2005 13:32
you could do it that way, but i know an easier one.
Give me a few moments to compile a tutorial for you!

$$$$ HEY BIG SOFTWARE COMPANY, I'M READY TO SELL OUT $$$$
Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 19:13 Edited at: 16th Jun 2005 13:35
And voila! OK here goes!
make a corridor segment with only half a door in segment editor. then make the wall_a.x an entity isntead of a segment and you're good to do. then in fpscreator rotate the entity wall and texture it so it fits. because im so nice ill show you how its done, start to finish:

1. Here you can see using Segment Editor I have make a segment with half a wall at the end.

2. Now in entitybank, ive made a FPE file with the following attributes. This will give us a wall we can move and mavouver.

3. Put it all together in FPS Creator, move the entity wall to where it should be, rotate appropriately (shift+5 gives best results) move it again, and then texture it all.

any questions, just ask and i can help you further.

Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 13:19
you know, its really really rude not to say thankyou, especially after i went to so much trouble

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 13:38
hey, howd you get your start menu to look like that?

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 15:24
Thank you

Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 17:39
@bullshock, i have a windows shell called aston. its bloody good.
you can edit ANYTHING in windows to make it look/feel/perform the way you want it. it cleans up CPU and manages pagefile usage. bloody good program, and worth the 15 odd bucks it cost me. you can download a demo from [href]www.astonshell.com[/href]
dont forget to say thankyou!

PS you can use the demo indefinately, but it locks you out of editing after 30 days.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 05:33
cool, thanks Frontier!

i will look into it...

and Merranvo, if you wann develop an opperating system, i would be up for it to help you, although i probably wouldent be the best person to help...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 07:55
aston works great!

thanks again!...also...where did you get the segment editor...i dont have i segment editor...i want a segment editor!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 23:05
me too!! also, when i finish my game, i will help you with any media you need for your OS, Merranvo you should call it, Merranvo's FPSC world

Its stupid, contagous, to be broke and famous, will someone please save us from punk rock 101!!!
Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 00:15
@ merranvo & bullshock. i understand about the aston price thing. heres my deal, because im so bloody nice. download the aston demo and ill give u both my serial number (shhhhhhhhh...)

@ bullshock, the link to segment editor is here:
http://files.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/FPSCUndegroundTools090305.zip

if you want, heres a screenshot of an operating system i designed in aston. its rather easy and all the buttons work, and so does the cpu/pfu/netin/netout.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 05:44
hey...wheres kruks1050 ...isnt he even gonna say thank you?

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 17:43 Edited at: 10th Jul 2005 17:43
could you make the broken door a singe mesh so I could download it?

If you cant don't worry
Frontier Computing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 23:42
@Jacko - It's impossible to do sorry, as it is two parts. Learn to do things on your own. It's important for making good games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:30:08