Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / full screen mode a little slow?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 13:58
okay so like, when im running in windowed mode im getting between 90-140 fps depending on how much im looking at in my game. I thought it would be nice to play it full screen for once (i always dev in windowed mode) and at the same time i cranked up the resolution to 1024x768 (which is an annoying size for a window XD). My fps was suddenly on a constant 59-60 no matter where i was looking. At first i, a little disapointed, just assumed it was the resolution. Then i went back to deving, swithched it to windowed but forgot to set it to 800x600 again, when it ran in windowed mode 1024x768 i was back to 140fps. Curious i switched it back to full screen and the res to 800x600, i got 59-60fps like with 1024x768.

As im getting a constant frame rate in full screen mode no matter the resolution im wondering if something is enforcing a frame cap of 60fps? (ie, dbSyncRate(60)) In my experiance full screen tends to run faster than windowed modes with most things x_X

Failing that, maybe im just going to full screen all wrong. The only command I can see in DarkSDK is SetWindowOff(); so i have been using that. I remember in dbp, under the project settings, you had all sorts of choices like fullscreen-desktop and fullscreen-exclusive mode, i wonder which is being used for darkSDK when you turn off the window? Is there any way to set these and does it even make a differance?

I wouldnt mind usually, especially considering i cap all my games on 60 manually anyway, but i like to turn off the cap during dev time so i can see the current maxium and how much further i can strain the engine as it were - as full screen and windowed rates are generally different i would like to know them both Maybe it isnt capped and my engine is just slow fullscreen.. no idea XD

thoughts?

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 14:57
Yeah! Sure looks like a cap. I'm getting 400fps, as soon as the window is turned of the fps is down to 60 even using the same resolution.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 17:04
Your graphics card determines the maximum fps in FSEX mode.

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 19:12
How interesting!

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:46:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:46:06