Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / all welcome me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hell oim acompleten idiot who got db today(ei 5 hours ago) i just joined the forums. everyone welcome me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 00:48
heheh Welcome fellow... I know exactly how u feel. The first time I've got mine .
As a newcomer I would recomend you to do the tutorials which are in the main page ([href]www.darkbasic.com[/href])
Look into the button "Create". Even experienced DB programers loved those tutorials .
Enjoy

"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 00:52
*lays eggs in martin88's brain*

now every time you think you have a good idea it's just eggs hatching
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 01:10
^_^ Hi there!

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
martin88
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx

im a lumber jack and im OK
i sleep all night and i work all day
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 12:57
hey... and does anyone know when Puffy got to be a moderator, i take it Rich finally gave into the beggin' like a girlie

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 13:25
Raven, u are off topic, as always The point here is to welcome martin. Also, I know u were expecting to become a moderator. It can't be cuz too many peoples hates u, so the forum would become empty

Watashi wa Eletronic Arts de shigoto o shimasu!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 15:07
I was gonna be a mod too

well, lets see, he said if more people joined then Me, Ravs and Raps could be mods.

Oh well...

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 15:07
Oh and welcome Martin

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 15:19
Sorry but Raven cannot ever be a moderator. 90% of flamebaits are started by him. He is far arrogant as well and never heard him saying "u r right" or "I am sorry". This is not the profile of a moderator, unless the forum is not good. I think this forum is good so far, but Raven as moderator... please...

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 15:30
welcome to Db land martin

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 15:41
Hi Martin, and btw ShadowRobert, who's off-topic?

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:04
Welcome Martin. I also have a little tip. Raven Vegeta will answer all ur posts He thinks he owns this forum
Now Kentaree, ur boyfriend Raven is the only one off topic

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:17
lol, well, seeing as it took you 2 posts to go on topic, and this is the only post on the forum where you are on topic, seeing as in every other thread you post in you only show your hatred for vegeta, and not participate in the topic of the thread, I say the score is still about
258 to 1 in RV's advantage.

Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:39
Sorry, I didn't thought u and ur boyfriend Raven had this tight bond

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:39
"hey... and does anyone know when Puffy got to be a moderator, i take it Rich finally gave into the beggin' like a girlie"

I made him one yesterday and don't regret it yet, he cleaned up nicely after "The Idiot Guy"s threads (read: The Good Guy (sic)) and I'm keeping a close eye on everything. There's nothing he can do that can't be undone should something go haywire Not that I think it will.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:53
@Raven

You sound a little upset

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:09
Thats alright ShadowRobert, I forgive you

Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:10
No problems, love and peace always

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:44
Welcome new guy, I'm sorry you have to deal with this petty squabbling in your post. BTW ShadowRobert "SHUT UUUUPPPPPP!!!!" I don't care whether you like Raven or Not, but seemingly all you post is stuff dissin him! Make sensible on topic comments, and if you want to put some1 down, make your own thread!

(Why didn't I make my own thread to say that? Cos I know he's readin this 1 )

Martin88 if u can overcome the fights you'll find that people out there are willing to help too

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 18:01
Yeah, sorry about that Martin, didnt want to ruin your thread. As Kangaroo2 said, always glad to help if you need any.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 18:25
i don't think he'll disappoint Rich (^_^)
wasn't noted out of a fact of like anything other than i simply noticed it as i was reading this thread ... was a double take moment

ya know guys, there is no need to respond to SR. i mean i am quite capable of defending myself here
no point in getting sucked into stupid flame wars

and lmao@Shader - you seriously think i wanna be a mod? have to act polite and be a pleasent person?
i think i prefer my freedom to be me

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 18:28
hi martin

KITTY
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 21:02
*Tries hard not to make Pervy comments about a female programmer, called Kitty, looks like Buffy, and is from Wales * Mmmmm Oh w8 she's 14 - gotta w8 a couple of years lol

Raven - Yeah I know, he's just really beginning to annoy me now, its basically spam

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 21:52
O_O If you guys do remember... everyone loves the puff... o_O (a blast from the past)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 22:15
i have a right to be angry i hate it when people make pervy comments about me i was just saying hi got it u Kangaroo shit head

KITTY
Drazo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 22:26
Bonjour, hello and welcome to DBpro forums.

Join FWMB @ aimoo
I'm one BIG nasty lizard.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 22:51
lmao chiiiil I was being facetious, considering the weird pervy responses all other female users have recieved, its kinda stalker like Myself I just stick to the odd humorous poke at the lil hormonal boys round here - I'm happily married with kids thank you v much

I didn't mean 4u 2 get offended, I was just making a little in joke for some of the more desperate guys round here

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 00:03
Eh... both of you chill... I highly doubt kangaroo2 is a petafile...

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 00:07
lol thanx Puffy - People call me many things, but a kiddie fiddler isn't one of them Would be kinda sick me having children if I was lmao

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 00:07
ohh you've just got a way with the girls don't ya KG
should've known better than to comment towards a younger girl, they're like firecrackers. hehee

kitty don't worry about it much, noticed you've had a bad day with that Shadow Robert guy - can understand why you'd be edgy, but KGs a good guy just jokin about hon
please just you know keep the swearing limited, call KG a "marcupial fool" sounds better

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 00:09
bleck! don't even go there KG nasty subject - Raven doesn't like peeps like that, still a guy that if i ever met again won't be living too long after the encounter.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 00:53
I know I don't think there are worse ppl in the world. Once I found one of my "mates" had some rather nasty pix on his PC. I called the police and made a statement against him and never spoke to the dirty b*st*rd again. I only joked about it cos that is SO far from what I stand for

Thanks for the kind words, ya you're right about younger girls being feisty/taking offense easily - my cousins are the same, shoulda known better

Shadow Robert gave Kitty trouble? Man I'm getting so mad with that dude its not funny. I'm not in2 censorship but some1 please ban him, I've never heard him say anything useful! Grrr

Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 02:46
No, I did not give trouble to Kitty, I was helping It's Raven who thinks that...
Anyway, I'm leaving, my mission here is done. This is my last post here RGT is far better and Raven is not there .
Wish you all good luck... no

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:06
Hi New Dude, Yeh I Offer you help when you need as well, Im nice bloke. Newayz, Kitty, Leave the poor perv alone let the police deal wit him.

In a bitz y'all.
the 'KILLERSPONGE'

Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 17:11
Confused!!!
To many people here getting angry of silly things!

I was just wondering why Shadow Robert's profile said female?!?!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Peace

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 17:12
oh, and a big hello to Martin88,
Welcome to Dark Basic

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 19:32
O_O HI ROSE (people ignore me...)

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 19:40
Rose cannot any longer resist the promoted Puff Mod j/k

"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 19:46
" I was just wondering why Shadow Robert's profile said female?!?! "

yeah, me too.........

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 20:40
because he said he was in Rose's post "Are there any female programmers?" which i did mention at the time i didn't believe...

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 21:47
Re Shadow Robert: I didn't say you should leave, I said you should cool off of Raven

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 22:59
=P I know... my sexy level went through the roof...

martin88
Years of Service
User Offline
right thanks i wasnt expecting this many peple to reply to 1 thread but then iv only ever been on forums with less than 50 members before

literally

im a lumber jack and im OK
i sleep all night and i work all day
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 20:23
=P really... that sux...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 20:42
hehee... and i thought this was a tiney forum

Daz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 20:52
"lol thanx Puffy - People call me many things, but a kiddie fiddler isn't one of them Would be kinda sick me having children if I was lmao"

K2 = I think Michael Jackson has had enough torment, do you?

And hi to martin. good luck

DarkBASIC Professional is the best programming utility.
8/10 Housewives agree!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 16:54
Um Michael Jackson - You want a sensible non-biased opinion?

B4 I saw the 'Wacko-Jacko-Docco' as the press say
-------------------------------------------------
I thought that Michael Jackson paying off the family of that boy to strop them taking him to court was either 1) An admition of guilt or 2) A pretty damned stupid thing to do. Basically some1 with that much dexterity, musical and lyrical skill cannot be stupid, therefore I labelled him as a paedophile

After I saw the Documentary
---------------------------
Well, Jackson came accross to be a very sad case of some1 in extreme denial, stuck in childhood. Many comments he made lead me to believe he was actually quite likely to be a virgin, who had his children all artificially inseminated. The fact that he has children over to stay and have sleep overs would be perfectly normal for a 12 year old boy - and he seems mentally stuck around that age. This is quite common for anyone deprived of a childhood, especially if they themselves were abused. This lead me to the conclusion that he probably didn't abuse that boy, but was too distressed by the issue to go to court. This doesn't get Jackson completely off the hook however, still having children to stay in his bedroom is really really strange at his age, and he should expect the controversy. Either way he is obviously seriously mentally ill and needs either A: SERIOUS councelling or B: To be confined to living by himself or just with responsible adults.

Just my 2 cents. I don't know the guy, I'm not a massive fan of his recent music, but he certainly had something in the 80s. I'm not gonna comment definitively as to whether he is a paedophile or not, the press want him to be even if he isn't, I don't think it would be fair for me to pass judgement without proof.

However as far as the guy I knew who was involved in such things, I did have proof, and I hope he gets the punishment, or help that he deserves.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:23:44