Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbSetShadowShadingOn() !!! NOT WORKING : (>

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 19:06
dbSetShadowShadingOn()

How do I make it work!!!!????!!!! NOT ANOTHER GRAPHICS FUNCTION THATS FUDGE!!! WHY DO I FEEL LIKE CRAP?

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 03:10
The light you create is interfering with the shadows. If you remove this it should work correctly.
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 20:28
Nope. Absolutely no shadows at all : (. I have experimented with many different commands / combinations. BTW, if lights interfere with shadows, then how does one set where the shadow comes from? Does it come from the default light 0?

Does anyone have working shadows in dark sdk?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 21:16 Edited at: 1st Jul 2005 21:19
Yes - see my Planets demo...

Talk of shadows - is there a way of restricting the range at which they appear - for example, with my Planets demo the moon's shadow can be cast on another planet further away than Earth, which isn't exactly accurate - I would just like it to show up on Earth.

I was thinking of having shadows in AtomZ, but it looked weird with them...

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 07:11 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2005 07:22
Oh!!! Your right - And it compiles with shadows too!.

Hmm. I wonder what I could be doing wrong?

So shadows come from light zero right??? Taking a quick glance at the code on my first post, assuming of course i removed the intefering light,the objects would still be in the wrong place to cast a shadow. I moved them down (assuming the default light 0 is at poistion 0,0,0) and still no results. Could the scale of the scene have anything to do with it? The ambient light levels? Why cant light zero be moved??? I can't re-evaluate my games coordinate system at this point to allow for the default lights position just so I can cast shadows!!? Any ideas?

Really, I just can't seem to get this to work myself! My bad! Sorry to be a pain.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 09:53 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2005 10:16
The problem seems to be the height of the cube against the base :

But

wont

A tidier version :

I'm not sure the shadow is displayed correctly though.
With the included picture, the small cube is where the light is (shinng downwards towards the object), whereby the shadow is in the opposite direction (remove all the references to light 1 in the above code).

In addition, surely the objects should be in shades on white (instead of grey - due to lighting).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
How exactly are the dynamic shadows being implemented in dgsdk (and dbpro)? I ask this because I cannot get any shadows on my Mobile Radeon 9200, only on my Radeon 9600 Pro (I have the latest drivers in both).

I find this odd as I believe I get stencil shadows on other engines, such as the DX9 or Cipher...

PS - Mr moderators, how about giving clearance to my account so my posts appear immediately? I have bought dgsdk so this should mean I am legit...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:57:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:57:34