Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / a new wall

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:20
i made an entity wall and i put it infront of a secret corridor. i set the destroy to flamable and stregth to 1. i want to be able to shoot it and the wall blows up but when i shoot it, nothing happens.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 12:02
I think there are some pre made destroyable walls in Sci-Fi Wall furniture. You could use one of those - makeing copies of it and all associated files - rename them all to a new entity name and you could change the texture to one of your own appropriately.

Look at the entities script file to understand the entities properties settinngs.

If you just want to fix the one you are using now try changing the dynamic/static properties setting and see if that makes a difference. Try the Destroy/Crumble script for the destroy script.

To understand how destroyable objects should be set up perhaps the best object to study would be a window with glass. Look at the script file for one of the default ones and you will seee how the glass is set to be destructable. Testing out shooting a glass window out should prove to you that objects can be destroyed - its just then a matter of understanding what you are doing differently to prevent your wall from being zapped.

Good luck

guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 11:53
thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-24 00:32:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-24 00:32:39